Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a boot liner for my 2022 Tiguan from Guardsman. When I fitted it into the boot, it appeared a bit short to fit tightly to the back seats and had two cut-outs that didn't seem needed. Having spoken to Guardsman they are telling me the cut-outs are needed so the boot liner fits the European model as well as the UK model. This doesn't sound right to me given, as far as I know, all the cars for Europe are made in Germany, and I am not sure why UK and European cars would be different. I would appreciate peoples comments on this, as to me it just doesn't seem right. If there is anyone on here from mainland Europe with a 2022 Tiguan that can prove this one way or another that would be great

Grey Luggage and bags Bag Personal luxury car Beige

Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Doesn't look right to me. AFAIK, there's absolutely no difference between UK and European boot areas. It the reason why the boot liners that VW sell have the same part numbers in Germany, France etc. as well as the UK as they are the same parts. That one doesn't look like it fits particularly well anyway ?

·
Registered
R Line Tech 1.5tsi dsg in Deep Pearl Black
113 Posts
Doesn't look right to me. AFAIK, there's absolutely no difference between UK and European boot areas. It the reason why the boot liners that VW sell have the same part numbers in Germany, France etc. as well as the UK as they are the same parts. That one doesn't look like it fits particularly well anyway ?
That liner looks the same as mine and fits well in my pre face lift model, it looks to me as it’s a liner for the split level boot floor

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have just looked on their website.
They do 2 boot liners for the Tiguan. One is for the boot in upper position and the other is for the boot in the lower position.
They also state the boot liners are not tailored to the boot but are universal fit.
Now to me that is not Tiguan specific and most likely it fits other vehicles.
I wouldn’t be happy with it but they do clearly state the bit about not being tailored to the boot.

·
Registered
R Line Tech 1.5tsi dsg in Deep Pearl Black
113 Posts
I have just looked on their website.
They do 2 boot liners for the Tiguan. One is for the boot in upper position and the other is for the boot in the lower position.
They also state the boot liners are not tailored to the boot but are universal fit.
Now to me that is not Tiguan specific and most likely it fits other vehicles.
I wouldn’t be happy with it but they do clearly state the bit about not being tailored to the boot.
Yeah it sounds like a pretty generic liner, mine will only fit when it’s at the upper level and if I lower the floor I have to take it out, I guess if you want a snug fitting one it need to be a VW liner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts