Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of replacing my LandRover Freelander with a Tiguan. I often walk down the road and pass is a 16 plate Tiguan parked outside someone's house and like the look of it although it does look a bit smaller and lower than the Freelander. So one day the owner was outside and she said how pleased she was with it but then said that it was the last of the previous models and that there was a new one out now. So in a few words can someone tell me the difference (eg is this the " R Line" that people talk about? ) is it just a cosmetic change, or is it bigger etc. My son has a Toureg but that's too big for what I want.
I don't like buying new due to depreciation but I would be looking for an ex demo perhaps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There are plenty of second hand new shape SE and SEL Tiguans around but not too many R lines .
i looked and test drove an ex demo R line with very limited options but manchester VW were taking the piss price wise , it was cheaper to buy a brand new one with a lot more options for considerably less money elsewhere .

·
Registered
182 Posts
dorsettiguan said:
I am thinking of replacing my LandRover Freelander with a Tiguan. I often walk down the road and pass is a 16 plate Tiguan parked outside someone's house and like the look of it although it does look a bit smaller and lower than the Freelander. So one day the owner was outside and she said how pleased she was with it but then said that it was the last of the previous models and that there was a new one out now. So in a few words can someone tell me the difference (eg is this the " R Line" that people talk about? ) is it just a cosmetic change, or is it bigger etc. My son has a Toureg but that's too big for what I want.
I don't like buying new due to depreciation but I would be looking for an ex demo perhaps.
The new car is a different design to the previous one being squarer in shape, built on a different platform so it is a bit bigger. The R line is the top trim level.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
dorsettiguan said:
So when did the "new" Tiguan appear?
I'm only working from memory here so I may be wrong, but I believe the books opened for ordering around the beginning of June, however very few, if any dealers actually had one in stock, so it was probably July or August that the first firm orders were taken.

Steve

·
Registered
835 Posts
The new ones also slightly lower I believe than the older one, so quite a bit lower than the landy, I used to have a freelander sport.
When I talk to friends online and tell them Im getting an R Line they automatically mix it up with the old R Line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts