Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Tiguan friends...for all of you who would like to protect your car key from scratches and unpleasant drop surprises you can use these cases. I have them and are very stylish and protective...Very happy :D
You can find them at http://www.aliexpress.com

Attachments

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks Savvas, they look very smart. Another top tip from a forum member

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Timbo...I am glad you like it.
Its always good to share nice things between us...and by the way they are veeery cheap around €1-2 each :D

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up on this Savvas, it looks to be just what I need. I'm interested to know if the key still pops out when the button's pressed, as I'm looking for a way to prevent that from happening.
The problem is I have Keyless entry, therefore I dont need/want the key to keep flipping open, which it seems to do as it's all too easy to accidentaly push the button. ;)
Does the cover make this less of a possibility?

Steve

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good evening Essjay...I have a keyless entry too and personally it never pops out accidentally cause its still very firm and tight cause its new. Personally this key case works perfect for me :D ...and Yes I think the cover case makes this less of a possibility to pop out.
Here is another photo from the side of it...i hope its usefull

Attachments

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Thanks Savvas, at that price I reckon it's got to be worth a try.

Steve

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got mine from Wish for a £1 each, the black and red is great

·
Registered
96 Posts
How do you know which ones to order, I looked and there are thousands on the list silicon covers for keys and a Tiguan search didn't help.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dear Paul you can search VW key case silicon and its the same and fits perfectly...its for Golf 7.... Dont search under Tiguan...sorry my mistake for not mentioning :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Savvas said:
Paul here is the link
3 BTN Buttons Silicone Key Pouch Bag for VW VOLKSWAGEN Golf 7 GTI Flip Remote Key Protector Cover Cases Auto Car Accessories
http://s.aliexpress.com/Nba6FVNb
(from AliExpress Android)
Thanks, will order a couple later. :D

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've ordered 2 along with a couple of R-Line key rings as well. Cannot believe that they can do these covers for such a cheap price and postage is included..!! Bargain..

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Material property Silver
Rectangle Earrings Guitar accessory Body jewelry Automotive design

Attachments

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Well, my silicon key cover(s) arrived today and I'm very pleased that they fit perfectly and also the extra thickness over the button prevents accidental opening of the fob. 👍
You now have to press much harder to open the fob. As I said previously I was getting a little 'miffed' when the fob kept popping open as I'd accidentally pressed the button. With keyless access I'm very unlikely to ever need the key itself.
Thanks again Savvas for the heads-up!

Steve

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dear friend I have attached the link in the first message at the beginning.
You can find in Aliexpress.com and search for VW Golf 7 protector case. They are the same

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
molly44 said:
kucyk said:
Got those as well, one for myself, one for my wife :D

Hi I like the black one it looks great. Please can you tell me whether you got this from ali Express as well??
Many thanks
Is it just me, or are these not for a different type of VW key to the one used on the Tiguan?
Looking at the ones in the original post, and indeed my own post in this thread they are totally different. :?:
In fact if you follow the Amazon link in the previous post, you'll notice that the hole in the back of the case is in the wrong place for the key logo :?

Steve

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes You are totally right Essjay...I assume these (black and pink) are for the previous Tiguan model or some Golf previous models. The ones I attached above on my photos and link are for the New VW Tiguan MK2

1 - 20 of 40 Posts