Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day to you all!

First post, been reading for awhile. Planning on ordering a Tiguan here in Iceland early next year and I have some questions to those who have theirs equipped with the DCC suspension and/or the Vienna leather in any color.

First barrage of questions to those who have the DCC suspension: Did you try the car beforehand without it? How does it compare? Do you like the comfort setting? Is there any perceivable difference between 'Normal' and 'Comfort'? Just general thoughts on the system.

Round two! Vienna leather: Do you like the leather? Do the seats have memory functions? Have you owned a VW before with the leather option? How did it fare during your time owning the car?

The VW dealer here is not very knowledgeble about the optional extras nor the car itself. We've only had 2 cars arrive here at the dealer to test drive and both are top trim level with all the bells and whistles except the leather and DCC suspension. Tried both cars and quite liked them, although I thought the ride was a bit harsh at times. Even managed to get one car at 6pm and return it at 10am the next day. Drove it almost 150 miles. Gave VW in Germany a call to try go get some clarifation but got nowhere.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Kind regards from Iceland!
Trausti
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
Haven't got the leather but have the dcc and quite honestly you don't need it , car is fine in normal and I find in comfort mode the ride isn't a lot different but I feel the car rolls about a bit more .
Had the dcc in my golf and needed it really due to the low profile tyres which made the ride quite harsh but it's different on the Tiguan as the 50 profile tyres on the sel give it a lovely ride as standard .
Might be different on the r line as it has the lower profile tyres .
Had the expensive Nappa leather in the golf and it was great and at 2 yrs old it was looking like new .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
Haven't got the leather either but do have DCC on my TDI 190 SEL. I don't like comfort as I agree it wallows and isn't any more comfortable. I use normal most of the time around home and on motorways but I do prefer sport on twisty country roads - noticeably sharper and more responsive and really not too firm for me. Pleased to have it and it has its uses but is it worth the extra a moot point.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Have the leather option in my SE Nav. Quite pleased with it. Yes, the seats have the memory function. I also have leather in my aging Mark IV Golf. Very durable and has worn well. FWIW, my impression is that the leather in the Tiguan is not quite as thick as that in the Golf - manufacturing cost savings?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks folks for the replies. Always better to get first hand experience from owners.

Would have thought the DCC made at least some difference to the ride quality. Will definately have to try this out myself. My dealer doesn't estimate getting a car equipped with one to test drive so that will be something. Personally prefer smoother rides, not much of a car driving enthusiast in that sense.

Tried the Mercedes GLC as well. That ride is smooth and quiet. The wife has made her mind up and wants the Merc but I'm not a fan of the high maintenance cost and alleged reliability woes. As well as being quite a bit more expensive to buy. That options list makes me cringe.

Would love more feedback if anyone has more to say on the matter.

Thanks again!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
TraustiB said:
Thanks folks for the replies. Always better to get first hand experience from owners.

Would have thought the DCC made at least some difference to the ride quality. Will definately have to try this out myself. My dealer doesn't estimate getting a car equipped with one to test drive so that will be something. Personally prefer smoother rides, not much of a car driving enthusiast in that sense.

Tried the Mercedes GLC as well. That ride is smooth and quiet. The wife has made her mind up and wants the Merc but I'm not a fan of the high maintenance cost and alleged reliability woes. As well as being quite a bit more expensive to buy. That options list makes me cringe.

Would love more feedback if anyone has more to say on the matter.

Thanks again!
I am in a similar diilema! :?

I had a test drive in the Mercedes GLC and thoroughly enjoyed it. The only issues which disappointed were the column gear change and the "stuck on" information screen in the middle of the dashboard which looked like an engineering after thought. At the moment dealer and manufacturer incentives on GLC are near to zero due to the favorable press releases which have resulted in longer waiting lists, which has lead me to the VW Tiguan.

I really like the R-Line but the option of DCC is not available on R-Line UK spec although it is available for the other models! :roll: I also like the leather trim but at £1400.00 GBP I cannot justify that cost when Mercedes only charge £750.00. I also noticed that on the SEL the ergo seats come with extended squab for thigh support but if leather is specified this is omitted. The SEL has the all the options I want but I want the R-Line visual look so it looks like I will have to accept a compromise :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
GTD184 said:
I really like the R-Line but the option of DCC is not available on R-Line UK spec although it is available for the other models!
Wow ! Now this is weird... I would not go for anything above 18' wheels without DCC...
Unless one likes the "German" confort, this is way to hard for my back!
I am very surprised this is not included as this is part of the R-line package in France, Switzerland, Belgium and Germany
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
DonTim No one is more surprised that the Tiguan R-Line is not available with DCC as me! :shock: Most other UK VW models in particular the GT, GTD, GTi and R all have the extra cost option of DCC, and given the poor state of the UK's roads DCC is needed more than ever on cars with Sports suspension set up!

I really want the R-Line but with DCC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Would be interesting one time to have a table with a comparison of our standard specs across our different countries... In Europe I suppose I could have gone for a Swiss car and imported it...right hand drive makes that more problematic for UK drivers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
JonP said:
Would be interesting one time to have a table with a comparison of our standard specs across our different countries... In Europe I suppose I could have gone for a Swiss car and imported it...right hand drive makes that more problematic for UK drivers
Well, I have checked the UK configurator and to be honest, nothing obvious but the DCC with the R-Line.
Oh yeah, we have the 240biTDi and 220TSI available but those will probably cross the channel sometime soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
GTD184 said:
...cars with Sports suspension set up!.
I think you put your finger on something here.

The configurator states:
Sports suspension
Lowered by approx. 15mm. Not in conjunction with Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC)


Note sure why one cannot select the DCC instead...
20' rims and lowered suspension? Hope it comes with a good chiropractor ;)
(ok to be fair it is not "that" bad but one really feels the road...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
That is interesting what you say re suspension - just checked the dutch brochure (my dutch isn't great - but I found the relevant info) for 19 and 20 inch R line packets are lowered by 10mm not 15.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
JonP said:
That is interesting what you say re suspension - just checked the dutch brochure (my dutch isn't great - but I found the relevant info) for 19 and 20 inch R line packets are lowered by 10mm not 15.
I guess this is why they mentionned "approx. 15mm", 10mm is approx 15mm right? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Not to Germans :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
DonTim said:
Note sure why one cannot select the DCC instead...
20' rims and lowered suspension? Hope it comes with a good chiropractor ;)
(ok to be fair it is not "that" bad but one really feels the road...)
Totally agree! I have a Mk7 Golf GTD with sports suspension riding on 19" rims which is quite uncomfortable on some roads.......this model along with GTi and 'R' models are available with DCC.

I test drove a R-Line 190ps last week and it was very fidgety on country lanes, it could have definitely benefited from DCC.

I suppose VW will add DCC as an upgrade option for 2017 MY :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
GTD184 said:
I suppose VW will add DCC as an upgrade option for 2017 MY :cool:
Probably, but still I cannot understand what did motivate such a choice. No technical constraint as it is available in other country and on the SEL...
Anyway, when one wants to go sporty, I guess it gots to be all the way ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bit the bullet and ordered.

150bhp, diesel, DSG, Highline.
Standard : Active info display, LED front with Dynamic LightAssist and LED tail light, 8" infotainment, mood lighting, rear camera, electric tailgate, ACC and tow bar with swivel and other goodies.
Extras : Vienna leather, DCC and electric heated front window. Tungsten silver.

Estimated arrival time 10-14 weeks. :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Well pulled the trigger and have finally ordered the wife's R-Line Tiguan. :D

Deliberated for the past 2 weeks on whether to spec Vienna Leather and have finally decided to order it as an option which has resulted in selecting heated outer rear seats too! :roll:

So the final order spec looks something like this -;

Tiguan R-Line 190ps - 4 Motion DSG - Pure White
Vienna Leather
Dynaudio
Keyless Entry/Electric Tailgate
Towbar - Swivelling
Progressive Steering
Tyre Pressure Monitoring
Heated Outer Rear Seats
4 Year Warranty
Service Pack
.............................and finally Bootliner! :D

Delivery - March 2017 - Now the long wait! :|
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top