Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a tiguan on order & need a favour, I can find plenty of info on the boot size in litres & how well the seats move & increase it, but no simple l x w x d dimensions.

If anyone has the time, or knows this info I am interested as need to work out if I can fit 2 dog crates in the boot.

Looking for the measurements with the boot floor on 'low' & what would fit in smallest size with the boot closed.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Search google, for example ADAC the sister company to the AA here in Germany have done a full review of the Tiguan boot showing exact measurements. Search "vw tiguan 2016 kofferraum maße" and select filter pictures and you will see a number of photos with measurements as well as technical drawings. When I measured the boot I got the following measurements

Height with floor base in high position to frame of boot 715mm and 830mm to roof ceiling.
Depth with rear seats in fully rear position 905mm (noting you can adjust the rear seat backrest to a more up right position so you can put a box for example flush with the back rests of the seats)
Width between wheel arch protrusions 1005mm

I personally would go to a show room with your two dog crates and try it out or ask for a demo car and while your testing it take it home a try fitting in your dog crates.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts