Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can any owners confirm if the front fog lamps on the Tiguan are LED or incandescent halogen bulbs :?: ..............and are they the same for all variants :?:

My Golf GTD has LED fog lights so just wondering if these have been carried over to the Tiguan or are being reserved for the proposed Tiguan 'R' :roll:

Thanks
Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
147 views and not one reply :?: :!: :roll: ................has no one got fog lights on their Tig :?:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Grille Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Car
Sorry.... GTD184 just been out and taken this pic for you mate... mine is an SEL..if this helps :)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Stumpy! ;) ......I knew I could rely on you :) .......it does appear from your image that they are halogen fog lights. Looks like another LED light mod to carry out alongside the interior boot and glovebox lights when her Tig arrives! I detest yellow filament lights!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Just a thought they may be yellow for anti glare in fog as apposed to white lght.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
GTD184 said:
Cheers Stumpy! ;) ......I knew I could rely on you :) .......it does appear from your image that they are halogen fog lights. Looks like another LED light mod to carry out alongside the interior boot and glovebox lights when her Tig arrives! I detest yellow filament lights!
No probs. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Beagler said:
Just a thought they may be yellow for anti glare in fog as apposed to white lght.
Beagler good (and legal) fog lamps may produce white or Selective Yellow light-it is the beam pattern, not the light colour, that defines a fog lamp-and most of them use tungsten-halogen bulbs though there are some legitimate (and a lot of illegitimate) LED fog lamps beginning to appear in high end premium cars.
I also prefer the modern clean aesthetic look of white automotive LED lighting and as my VW Golf GTD Mk7 has OEM LED fog lights I am surprised VW did not carry this trend over to the Tiguan. :|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi,
New on the forum.
I am looking for white bulbs to replace the ugly yellow ones in the fog lamps.
I cannot find information anywhere on what kind of halogen bulb that is hused in the fog lamps, H1, H7...?
Can anyone tell me?
THanks
Janne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Wothrline said:
Hi,
New on the forum.
I am looking for white bulbs to replace the ugly yellow ones in the fog lamps.
I cannot find information anywhere on what kind of halogen bulb that is hused in the fog lamps, H1, H7...?
Can anyone tell me?
THanks
Janne
They are H8 bulbs. Mine were Osram.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
Does anyone have any pictures/guides to how to change the fogs on the MK2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
ChrisLeggett said:
Does anyone have any pictures/guides to how to change the fogs on the MK2
In your manual that came with the car its towards the back under changing lights in the front bumper. There's a guide for R-Line and standard. Its not too difficult but just be careful with the first step which is using the hook from the toolkit to pull off that first cover
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
http://blog.autointhebox.com/yellow-vs-white-fog-lights.html

Just in case people are still wondering about yellow vs white foglights. At the end of the day it comes down to the quality of the products you fitting into your car. LED foglights from major brands such as Osram and Philips are specialist products with testing done beforehand. They not just cheap knock offs. Philips have patented Safe Beam technology that creates a similar beam pattern to standard halogen lamp. In all decent reviews its the beam pattern and not the colour that is important.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
cabby09 said:
Wothrline said:
Hi,
New on the forum.
I am looking for white bulbs to replace the ugly yellow ones in the fog lamps.
I cannot find information anywhere on what kind of halogen bulb that is hused in the fog lamps, H1, H7...?
Can anyone tell me?
THanks
Janne
They are H8 bulbs. Mine were Osram.
Thanks!
H8 35W, I will see if I can find H8 35W LED to replace them with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,209 Posts
I was considering changing mine, but unfortunately the Osram bulbs I was looking at stated they were not approved for on road use and could invalidate insurance!
Don't think I'll bother.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top