Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was a trial by fire in relation to driving in wet weather !!
Did 100 ml round trip, mainly motorway and because only 100 miles at start on my new Tig ...took it easy.

Car performed well in both VERY wet and VERY windy conditions with little to no buffering in the wind, and again the ACC was a boon in these conditions by simply staying put behind the vehicle in front at a steady speed. In fact most people, other than the idiots, stuck to 50 mph.

One thing I have noticed is the drivers side wiper blade travels right across the windscreen to the point that it bangs on the screen frame on each full movement, after awhile this can be annoying. Would be interested if anybody else gets this, if not then maybe a call to the dealer to make a slight readjustment?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Dave, I've not experienced the wiper blade problem you seem to be getting. I would imagine that it's probably just an adjustment issue, so your dealer should be able to sort it in a couple of minutes.

With regard to using the ACC in heavy rain and poor visibility, the manual has this to say:

"The view of the radar sensor can be impaired by contamination such as slush or snow, or by environmental conditions such as heavy rain or spray. This means that the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) also will not work. The instrument cluster display shows the message ACC: no sensor view!. If necessary, clean the Volkswagen badge in front of the radar sensor"

So all the time you're not seeing the message it looks like you're ok, but be wary of the fact that the sensor could be impaired in very bad weather, and it could be very easy to get caught out ;)

Steve

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had this on my Audi - and they had to adjust the bolts on the wiper arms and set them back a couple of notches on the splines inside. They were set too far to the right and they knocked at first.
Not a big job and should be good under the warranty.....

Let us know how you go on please

1 - 3 of 3 Posts