Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

During my conversations with a leasing company negotiating my deal on my imminent R-Line purchase (PCP) I was today informed out the blue that:

Tiguan R-Line production delay: do not place any stock orders until further notice

Tiguan R-Line ()

There are delays of up to 39 weeks for Tiguan R-Line orders because of limited supply of the bumpers for this trim.

We are working with the factory to resolve this issue and to make sure that all customer-tagged orders are prioritised for production.

To minimise the effect on customers, please do not place any Retailer Car, stock, or showroom orders for the Tiguan R-Line trim until further notice because they are unlikely to be released for production.

We expect lead times for Tiguan R-Line to fluctuate in the coming weeks, so please monitor current and confirmed build weeks in SLi to manage your customers' expectations. Further updates will be provided in a weekly supply update.

Thought best to share. Anyone else heard about this?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes I was emailed bu the dealer today, asking if I wanted to cancel the order or keep the car on order

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow! Switch to an SEL and use the saving to buy more BHP I'd say!!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
My R-Line is due for production start next week(week,2) You think it will get built then? :(

I have already waited since week 25 2016...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Happened to pass by the VW dealership today and dropped in...he mentioned now in netherlands there is a 7 month + delay on R lines...so it appears to be a mega problem...luckily mine is sitting in their warehouse along with another 400 cars (vw's audiks seats etc) waiting for the paperwork and registration to come though from customs.... llooks indeed like there won't be many around for a while yet!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
DrMiles said:
Wow! Switch to an SEL and use the saving to buy more BHP I'd say!!!
Yep agree + 1 :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Really do not understand how a particular part like a bumper cannot be available for 39 weeks. Will lose a lot of orders as cannot see many customers waiting 9 months + for their car.

·
Registered
123 Posts
That is grim news , a lot of disapointed customers , 9 months is a long time

·
Registered
244 Posts
johnh said:
Really do not understand how a particular part like a bumper cannot be available for 39 weeks. Will lose a lot of orders as cannot see many customers waiting 9 months + for their car.
My thoughts exactly - I would have thought that an organisation as huge as VW would be able to source an alternative supply of what would appear to be a relatively simple mounded component !

·
Registered
432 Posts
My R Line is build date week 12 if this goes out to 39 weeks Audi will be getting a visit as new Q5 is due mid 2017

·
Registered
70 Posts
Timbo said:
My R Line is build date week 12 if this goes out to 39 weeks Audi will be getting a visit as new Q5 is due mid 2017
Agreed!

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have done a New version Q5 configuration builder and when speced like RLine with my additional options is close to 50K against 42k for Tig. I've contacted my dealer to confirm if rumours are correct and how it will effect my order.

If I'm effected by the 39 week delay I will most likely go for the SEL version as it was a close call between that and the R Line. Quite like the storm gray leather option for SEL and choice of colours.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Dealer has got back to me stating that build my date has moved to week 13 from week 12. They have had no notification regarding the bumper 39 week delay. I have informed the d alert that if this build date moves again I will consider my options cancel my order.
This really isn't acceptable from a massive company like VW this must be effecting the dealers as they have given me a trade in price based on when they expect to have my car for resale.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Timbo said:
Dealer has got back to me stating that build my date has moved to week 13 from week 12. They have had no notification regarding the bumper 39 week delay. I have informed the d alert that if this build date moves again I will consider my options cancel my order.
This really isn't acceptable from a massive company like VW this must be effecting the dealers as they have given me a trade in price based on when they expect to have my car for resale.
Tim, when did you order yours? I ordered mine in october and have live chat said that it has been accepted by the factory, but I havent got a build date.
They said to ring tomorrow (tuesday) for an update.
They also said that mine should have had a build date by now, so mine isnt looking to good at this point.
We might cancel and go for an SEL instead, the problem we have is that our local garage has loaned us a car for nothing as its a spare courtesy car they have and we have already had it for three months, so they are going to want it back sooner or later.
Wiating for an SEL would also be a problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone
Just joined, however I thought I would add a comment on R line delays. When ordering my SEL on 21st November, I was told then by the dealer that there where delays with the R due to short supply of bumpers. Therefore I don't know why the delays are only now coming to light. Ironically I went for the SEL because I personally don't like the look of the front nor the standard alloys on the R, just my personal opinion please don't take offence R Line owners.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sorry if this is a double post I submitted it but is hasnt come up.
Just spoken to them and they say my build is week 9 27th feb but this could change and I might get caught up in the delay which is a bit useless for us as we could be ordering an sel now instead, so do we wait and see or go for it now, this is a load of Bo**ox
I could always buy my old one back as its still up for sale at my dealers :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
I really feel for those who have been caught up in this R Line farce :cry: . I can't imagine how I would have felt if I'd been put in the same position.
My only words of consolation is that if you eventually decide to cancel your order for the R and order an SEL, then you really won't be disappointed, and it could give you enough left over for those extras you might have had to resist.

If you've decided to carry on and wait then I'm sure you'll be equally as pleased.
Fingers crossed for you all.

Steve

1 - 20 of 190 Posts