Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New to these forums, but thought I would join in after ordering my new Tiguan R-Line from Pulmans VW in Durham (Who have been great so far and I got a great lease deal ;) )

Was given 11-12 weeks lead time by dealer, but I'm preparing for it to be longer. Now the long wait begins :cool:

Order still in "processing phase", so gonna try and forget about it for a while (yeah right).

Cheers

EvertonMonkey

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the forum and well done on making a wise move for a Tiggy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ChrisLeggett said:
Welcome to the forum and well done on making a wise move for a Tiggy
Thanks

·
Registered
610 Posts
Welcome and so far good choice :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well done - have just taken delivery of my new Tiguan & am delighted, well worth the wait. Am sure you will find the same too!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the welcome all ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome, great choice. In theory my build starts today, hoping that like a few others on here that it magically changes to 'on the way' part way through the week.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chas said:
Welcome, great choice. In theory my build starts today, hoping that like a few others on here that it magically changes to 'on the way' part way through the week.
2 weeks today since I ordered, but seems like 2 months :)

My order is still in progress at the min and hasnt changed ZZZzzzzzz.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi EvertonMonkey and welcome to the mad house. I see you have the tracker bug already, you will find that you get more uptodate information via live chat on the vw contacts page.

One thing is for sure you will need counselling by the end as it will drive you nuts trying to keep up with the continual changing build dates.

I'm hoping to get mine this week after nearly five months waiting, hope yours comes quicker

Great choice BTW.

Tim

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Timbo said:
Hi EvertonMonkey and welcome to the mad house. I see you have the tracker bug already, you will find that you get more uptodate information via live chat on the vw contacts page.

One thing is for sure you will need counselling by the end as it will drive you nuts trying to keep up with the continual changing build dates.

I'm hoping to get mine this week after nearly five months waiting, hope yours comes quicker

Great choice BTW.

Tim
:D I think I'll just try and forget about it until its nearer the time, but on the live chat can you just ask them for an update on the order number ?

·
Registered
433 Posts
EvertonMonkey said:
Timbo said:

Great choice BTW.

Tim
:D I think I'll just try and forget about it until its nearer the time, but on the live chat can you just ask them for an update on the order number ?
Yep as easy as that. Best to check fortnightly until you are getting close. The tracker doesn't confirm build date until about 3 weeks prior but Live Chat will give you the latest date but be prepared for that to change regularly.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Whilst not an R-Line, just a humble SEL, my build date start was yesterday. This morning I received notification via the app the it's built and shipped :D This seems to be quite common of late on VW Tiguan New Orders /Time Scales thread. Hope the same applies to R-Line orders and the delays on this model become a thing of the past.

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Chas said:
Whilst not an R-Line, just a humble SEL, my build date start was yesterday. This morning I received notification via the app the it's built and shipped :D This seems to be quite common of late on VW Tiguan New Orders /Time Scales thread. Hope the same applies to R-Line orders and the delays on this model become a thing of the past.
There's nothing humble about the SEL ;)

Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Essjay said:
Chas said:

Steve
Hi Chas,

I would agree with Steve, the SEL is a great (similarly) spec'd car and I went back and forward between that and the R-Line when ordering, but just preferred the sportier look of the R-line in the end. Glad to hear your car is on its way and looking at your order date you were about 3 weeks ahead of me, so it fills me with some hope :D

How long did yours take to move on from the "Processing your order" phase ?

EvertonMonkey

·
Registered
328 Posts
EvertonMonkey said:
How long did yours take to move on from the "Processing your order" phase ?
IIRC it was less than a week, maybe I got lucky.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Essjay said:
Chas said:

Steve
I agree. Nothing humble about SEL. I nearly went for SEL as it had Ergo seats and DCC which are not on R-line.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Chas said:
glad to hear yours is on the way but mega jealous. I ordered 3 days after yours by the looks of your dates, yet mine still says "with the factory" and when I contact VW or the dealer I am told no confirmed build week yet. :( :(

I wonder if Cash / PCP sales take priority in the order line over those just leasing / PCH.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Bhuna said:
Chas said:
glad to hear yours is on the way but mega jealous. I ordered 3 days after yours by the looks of your dates, yet mine still says "with the factory" and when I contact VW or the dealer I am told no confirmed build week yet. :( :(

I wonder if Cash / PCP sales take priority in the order line over those just leasing / PCH.
What's your dealer saying Andy? As you know, I ordered mine the same day as you, and I got the week after Chas. I thought it had something to do with the diesels being more popular, therefore more demand, but Chas ordered the same as you. :?

PS Mine is PCH

1 - 20 of 27 Posts