Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems to be a 2018 spec as touchscreen if different to my neighbours R-Line (2017 I guess). Bonus items includes memory (3 positions) and heated seats. The only option I went for were: Metallic (Iridium), Leather & 20" Alloys (which came with sports suspension - not an option I could remove)

Drives very nicely, DSG takes a little getting used to not in a bad way. Was little worried on the ride (being 20" and sport suspension) but I shouldn't have worried; its very good (but then again I could just gotten used to the 8 year Kuga so anything modern would seem an improvement on that?)

I think the alloys look ready good (as they're sort of graphite vs. silver in colour and the grey panelling is discreet with the the Iridum paintwork. I also like that it looks slightly aggressive (full LED lights and grill) but discreet in a way as well without the 'in your face' r-line (sorry guys!). Sometimes (I think) less is more, if you know what I mean.

As you can tell very pleased with and added bonus seems to be the Roof rails that I had from my Kuga (mk1) from Halfords seems fit perfectly well on the Tiguan.

Also nice touch from the dealer who had pre-installed some Tiguan matts with light grey piping (which match the piping on the leather upholstery + bottle of Moet. Excellent job guys and much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
610 Posts
Very nice Lux enjoy :D

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice 😀 Enjoy.....

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good choice Luxormoonprince..... :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any chance of getting a photo of the MIB unit in the glove box?

I'm trying to find out why VW Australia don't offer DAB as an option when all my research so far says that the DAB+ standard that we use here is compatible with the unit.

Also, and realise I'm pushing my luck here, but if you happen to be a tinkerer and have pulled the MIB unit out any chance of a photo of the top and the rear of the unit so I can get the part number and see the connections.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Leather seats come with memory and heating as standard as far as I remember. When I ordered leather seats as an option I recall looking for the additional option to add heating to the front seats. It wasn't immediately obvious that memory and heating were included as standard in the leather specification, it required a wee bit of reading of the small type to confirm.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@wesleyn don't know as I haven't seen a 2017 key!
Looks like a regular modern key fob i.e. flick out key, with 3 buttons for lock/boot/unlock etc.

@billc47 - yep you're right. Haven't tried out the heated seats yet but I am sure they're going to be great (I had them previously in my TT) but the memory seats are fab; also didn't realise until today that you can setup different 'users' which also adjust seat/mirrors which is nice :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my other observation with the Tiguan which I didn't really notice on the test drive is that some of the plastics lower down are really quite hard (in a way my Mk1 Kuga wasn't). Whilst slightly disappointing, I suspect it will be hardwiring which in reality is what matters.

·
Registered
7 Posts
luxormoonprince said:
@wesleyn don't know as I haven't seen a 2017 key!
Looks like a regular modern key fob i.e. flick out key, with 3 buttons for lock/boot/unlock etc.

@billc47 - yep you're right. Haven't tried out the heated seats yet but I am sure they're going to be great (I had them previously in my TT) but the memory seats are fab; also didn't realise until today that you can setup different 'users' which also adjust seat/mirrors which is nice :)
Ah thanks, then it's the older key version, such a shame.
The new passat key is in my opinion a more sophisticated key, which doesn't have a key popping out.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/H-a32D7HkkQ/0.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is that touchscreen the pro or the standard one?

Does the standard one look.lile that now aswell?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is that touchscreen the pro or the standard one?

Does the standard one look.lile that now aswell?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Think thats the standard one. Pro screen is completely flat.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Very nice buddy,your post has made me ring up the dealer and add the 20" wheels now😤..........😂👍

·
Registered
161 Posts
Those 20's really sit nicely on the SEL.

I like the 19's but they look a little too skinny IMO.

Spot on!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts