Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received information of 3 Tiguan Mk2 UK spec updates for quarter 4 production. Within those updates is the "FREE" inclusion of "massage" function when Vienna Leather 12 way electric adjustment seat option is selected :cool: Previously this free option was only available on cloth seats on SEL variant.

Another update refers to Tow bars. Previously there was only one option which was the Swiveling Tow Bar. An additional Tow Bar option is now available to order titled "Swiveling tow bar with trailer nose weight and mass detection" which has a £100.00 premium over the Swiveling Tow Bar.

Heated steering wheel is now a factory option available to R-Line variant at a cost of £110.00 again this option was previously only available for SEL variant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Thank's for the info 'GTD184' :) Hope all's well your end mate
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Has mention of the nose weight and mass detection in my handbook. I wondered if it was applcable to mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stumpy said:
Thank's for the info 'GTD184' :) Hope all's well your end mate
Thanks for asking Stumpy ;) ......My wife's R-Line is at current stage "with factory" but my Golf GTD is in for repair AGAIN!......3 days and counting! :x ......20 days at VW since June! :roll: .......I just hope when my wife's Tiguan arrives we do not have to tolerate the issues that have blighted my Golf along with the associated financial costs and inconvenience!

I hope all is well in the Stumpy household and that your thoroughly enjoying your SEL? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Forgive my naivety but does this mean calendar quarter or financial year quarter and if the prior, doni get it if my order is in but it's not being built or if I place my order in Q4?

Thanks
Sean
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
GTD184 said:
stumpy said:
Thank's for the info 'GTD184' :) Hope all's well your end mate
Thanks for asking Stumpy ;) ......My wife's R-Line is at current stage "with factory" but my Golf GTD is in for repair AGAIN!......3 days and counting! :x ......20 days at VW since June! :roll: .......I just hope when my wife's Tiguan arrives we do not have to tolerate the issues that have blighted my Golf along with the associated financial costs and inconvenience!

I hope all is well in the Stumpy household and that your thoroughly enjoying your SEL? :)
Good morning 'GTD184' Hope it won't be too long a wait now for the 'Tig', can't wait to see the pics. Oh dear sorry to hear the news on the Golf, hopefully they have given you a courtesy car :?: Are you based in the Midlands :?: Have a nice day :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seanvdv said:
Forgive my naivety but does this mean calendar quarter or financial year quarter and if the prior, doni get it if my order is in but it's not being built or if I place my order in Q4?

Thanks
Sean
Hi Sean most if not all automotive manufacturers work on financial year quarters to coincide with their finance promotions i.e. Jan - March, April - June, July - September and October - December. However Updates can and do take place anytime due to what manufacturers call "the right to change specification at any time due to VW policy of continuous improvement and product development.

I am not sure what specific week number these changes are due to be implemented but I am aware that any new orders as of Oct 31 will incorporate the specification changes.

stumpy said:
Good morning 'GTD184' Hope it won't be too long a wait now for the 'Tig', can't wait to see the pics. Oh dear sorry to hear the news on the Golf, hopefully they have given you a courtesy car :?: Are you based in the Midlands :?: Have a nice day :)
HI Stumpy the Tig order is months away but the GTD is another story!! :evil: ....and VWCS are a complete and utter waste of time! :x

Yes I am in the West Midlands............Within walking distance of Birmingham Airport and Land Rover, Solihull ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Thanks GTD184.
So they effectively build two different models (in this case the seats) for a period of time? Quite possibly a 6 month period. One would hope considering I would have waited over 5 months I was on the new production line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
seanvdv said:
Thanks GTD184.
So they effectively build two different models (in this case the seats) for a period of time? Quite possibly a 6 month period. One would hope considering I would have waited over 5 months I was on the new production line.
When there is a production process review or change there is a 'cut off' point (week No). As an example 'seats' the production updates will run production 'line trials' before 'volume' production commences so as to iron out any supplier build and final trim and assembly quality issues, once this is completed by Manufacturing engineering (launch) a date for volume production will be agreed which dictates a VIN cut off of previous specification and VIN commencement of new specification.

The aforementioned will determine if your car is built with the new specification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
157 Posts
GTD184 said:
I have just received information of 3 Tiguan Mk2 UK spec updates for quarter 4 production. Within those updates is the "FREE" inclusion of "massage" function when Vienna Leather 12 way electric adjustment seat option is selected :cool: Previously this free option was only available on cloth seats on SEL variant.

Another update refers to Tow bars. Previously there was only one option which was the Swiveling Tow Bar. An additional Tow Bar option is now available to order titled "Swiveling tow bar with trailer nose weight and mass detection" which has a £100.00 premium over the Swiveling Tow Bar.

Heated steering wheel is now a factory option available to R-Line variant at a cost of £110.00 again this option was previously only available for SEL variant.
I have spoken to both my local dealer and VW web chat and they both are saying the heated steering wheel is not available for the R-Line.? So not sure whats going on there.?
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top