Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all, just a quick question about the Conti's, Pirelli's and Hankooks fitted to Tigs. Are they all season tyres or are they a summer tyre?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Highly dependant on your geographic region. All-seasons are quite prevalent in Ireland and come fitted onto most (if not all) Tiguan's, we never experience heavy winters nor pleasant summers. Just cold, and rain.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alphaparticle said:
Highly dependant on your geographic region. All-seasons are quite prevalent in Ireland and come fitted onto most (if not all) Tiguan's, we never experience heavy winters nor pleasant summers. Just cold, and rain.
Sounds just like here. It would have been good to have got all seasons as we do get some nasty weather in winter up here in the NE

·
Registered
3 Posts
For 240 euros you can have them as optional on the new Tig (in Romania).
I've got Pirelli Scorpion Verde All-Seasons 215x65x17 on Tulsa alloys.
Cheers

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres fitted to my Tiguan 2.0 SEL are described as 'All Season'. Don't know about the other makes fitted as standard.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The Pirelli Scorpion Verde tyres fitted to my Tiguan 2.0 SEL are described as 'All Season'. Don't know about the other makes fitted as standard.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Interesting as I have a TDI 190 SEL with Pirelli Scorpion Verde but they are not all season. Paul85 are you in UK if not that might explain the difference?

·
Registered
151 Posts
From other posts there seems a general trend that early deliveries in UK had Pirelli Scorpion Verde summer tyres (my SEL 190 TDI with them was delivered late July) and more recent ones Hankook summer. Not heard a confirmation that anyone has had all weather in UK.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I haven't either.

I understand there is an all-season Scorpion Verde tyre and has the typical "siped" tread of an all-season/winter tyre

US markets tend to get all-season tyres fitted as standard (big influence for this over there will be liability), and perhaps certain areas of Europe may do but mostly it will be summer tyres from the factory - and by summer tyres we mean "normal" tyres!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Well, just found out this morning, on the first decent frost since I got the Tig, that the Hankooks are dangerous when cold and slippy.

Braked at around 15mph on a bend coming up to a roundabout, and went into a 4 wheel drift. I didn't hit the kerb as I had been going so slow, but this was unexpected. My previous car, a Mondeo, had no such issues at the same place.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hmmm confirmed my thoughts Brezzer. I have thought about changing to all season tyres, as with the amount of really bad winter we do not seem to get as much now, cannot justify spending mega bucks on winter wheels.

·
Registered
485 Posts
To be safe, I ordered set of 17" Winter tyres on alloys from Mytyres. Price includes TPMS sensors. The Falkens get quite good reviews.

Product Price for One Quantity Subtotal
Winter complete wheel for VOLKSWAGEN Tiguan (5N, from 2016, 2.0 TSI 4MOTION 177 bhp), Rim ITWHEELS EMMA silber 7.0 x 17 (LK 5/112, OS 45), RDKS Huf ProSens 7633147 with Falken Eurowinter-HS01 M+S marking, SUV 215/65 R17 99H £ 195.40 4 £ 781.60
plus 9.90 £ postage and packaging per complete wheel /alloy rim 4 £39.60
Total Amount 4 £821.20

·
Registered
285 Posts
I just got my winter tyre set fitted today at My VW Dealership 17in Dunlop's £350 a corner . Dealer set up storage and swop system winter tyres were swoped free first time. As I have said In early post then it's winter off summer on summer off winter on it includes storage and dealer will wrap protect Tyre set £120 per year. I am not able to do it or store them
One thing parts mentioned was he had to place two orders one order per pair as they are rotational fit
Hope this helps
2F1C1D9A-E555-4836-AC97-75F433476A45.jpeg
13AF890B-523B-49C1-82A2-879A91FB9405.jpeg

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Look good on there PBB3

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And they look a cracking tyre!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
PBB3 said:
I just got my winter tyre set fitted today at My VW Dealership 17in Dunlop's £350 a corner . Dealer set up storage and swop system winter tyres were swoped free first time. As I have said In early post then it's winter off summer on summer off winter on it includes storage and dealer will wrap protect Tyre set £120 per year. I am not able to do it or store them
One thing parts mentioned was he had to place two orders one order per pair as they are rotational fit
Hope this helps
2F1C1D9A-E555-4836-AC97-75F433476A45.jpeg
13AF890B-523B-49C1-82A2-879A91FB9405.jpeg
Are they 215/60/17 ?, we just put them on my wifes, we paid £123 a corner ?

Plus we were sent all four the same, they can be fitted on either way so no need to order two separate pairs ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts