Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
A while back I test drove the XC40 PHEV and although very nice and responsive I found it a bit "twitchy" at slow speeds as if the steering wasn't firm enough. Maybe this was because of the size of the wheels (but I hadn't noticed this in the petrol version) so make sure you test drive the exact model you want.

Reactions: John27

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Thanks for replying. I didn't think they made a petrol only version now? I thought they were either mild-hybrid, PHEV or EV for the XC40. The mild-hybrid and PHEV both have petrol ICE. Having said that, the Volvo website isn't that clear so I may well be missing something. I will ask the dealer when I get there. As you say, at least worth having a test drive.
From a recent website for Volvo XC40 engines:

Petrol engines
There are two petrol models on offer, now that the range-topping 247bhp B5 has been discontinued. The 194bhp B4 (and the B5) get mild-hybrid assistance from a starter-generator and 48-volt battery and are available only with an eight-speed automatic gearbox. Four-wheel drive is standard on the B5 and optional on the B4. A less powerful B3 (with 161bhp from the same 2.0-litre engine) has now replaced the 1.5-litre T3, sitting below the B4 in the range. The B3 only comes with front-wheel drive and an automatic gearbox.

Reactions: John27

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Just when you think things can't get any worse it seems that because of the situation in Ukraine the UK may decide to hold next year's Eurovision Song Contest.......... 😟

• Haha
Reactions: Dog Mum and CUK

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
If people start cancelling do you think they will willingly give back the deposit, I've not got much experience of cancelling an order but I can imagine they will play up a bit, I wonder if someone had this experience with VW?
You need to check the Terms & Conditions. A Dealer may well decide to refund the deposit simply as a goodwill gesture and to avoid any bad publicity but legally you may well find that you are not entitled to a refund and may even be liable for the full purchase price. However, with such lengthy deliveries and the fact that Dealers can most likely sell any cancelled orders to someone else for a higher price you may well be okay.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
It might be a while for a PHEV CX-5 - Mazda only do one PHEV which is the soon to be launched CX-60.
That's the one that would be 8k over my Tig order. It looks like a good option but maybe next time.
Still don't understand how Mazda have got away with naming it CX-60. Volvo have the XC-60 and both cars look very similar to me let alone the identical name albeit with the CX and XC the other way around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts