Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've mentioned this in another topic, but I'm thinking of having a Tracker fitted to my Tiggy, has anybody any suggestions or advice-good/bad ones etc.

Probably can't recommend installers on here? I'm in West Yorkshire though.

Cheers JRSTIGSEL

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just to say: worth checking with your insurance company, and VW. I was thinking about this on my current car a couple of years ago. The insurance company quoted more for the car with a tracker than without it, which seems crazy. It was because it was considered an after market addition. For the same reason I'd check what it might do to the warranty. I think you'd probably be ok if you had a factory fitted one by VW, but definitely worth double checking everything before you proceed.

Cheers

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you choose the safety and security package in the options it includes a tracker as part of the package.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MBS said:
Just to say: worth checking with your insurance company, and VW. I was thinking about this on my current car a couple of years ago. The insurance company quoted more for the car with a tracker than without it, which seems crazy. It was because it was considered an after market addition. For the same reason I'd check what it might do to the warranty. I think you'd probably be ok if you had a factory fitted one by VW, but definitely worth double checking everything before you proceed.

Cheers
That's a good point, I've never considered having one before as I've never really seen the need but with insurance premiums rising and set to go up again in June I was hoping it may help reduce my current premium rise. I've no idea what's entailed in fitting a Tracker, do the fitters need to drill etc?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts