Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! Any caravanners out there? I gather that it is not possible to fold the car mirrors with towing mirrors attached !!! Will be towing with the new Tig for the first time next week and taking the caravan over the north sea to Holland. This is the journey we have made many times but with the previous Tig (without electric mirrors) we just folded the mirrors manually with the caravan mirrors attached when we got on the ferry so that they would not be bashed by people getting past. . I guess this time I will have to de-activate the auto fold on locking facility and remove the towing mirrors before folding in the car mirrors. Anybody had this problem? or tackled it another way? Any thoughts much appreciated. David.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes my Milenco ones do catch the windows slightly when they fold in. Also they don't clamp on very well as the mirrors taper away. I had to make some 3 mm stepped rubbers and glued them onto the clamps, now they clamp perfectly .
Let me know how well your Tiguan pulls!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Andyw for your interest. I have tried putting my Grand Aeros on the car mirrors and they are a good fit as I have the Milenco stepped rubber inserts which are designed to fit the groove in VW mirrors. There is now way I can fold in the car mirrors with the towing ones in place as my car mirrors turn in and up when folded. Looks as if I will have to remove the towing mirrors when necessary. My new Tig should pull well,if not better than my old Mk1 as it is lighter and 10bhp more. I will have to wait and see!!! Regards David.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Back again! Thought of a new way! Leave the clamps attached to the car mirror and remove the bar and mirror. I think that some people leave the clamps attached permanently whilst they are away towing. David.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts