Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to activate Traffic jam assist on the MK2 Tig DSG already enabled with lane assist and ACC? (I'm assuming the requirements are the same)
I've seen quite a few post relating to european cars which have this specified as an option on the high end models, but in the UK this only seems to be available on the Passat and the Golf.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Afaik Traffic Jam Assist is part of ACC and not a standalone option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
No one has AFAIK actually enabled it yet but in Oz Skoda Superbs are having it enabled by the dealers after the vehicle has been sold as part of a recall campaign. I know it has been discussed within the VW network because I overheard two people saying the dealers should be allowed to activate it. The 2018 cars coming to Oz will have it activated BTW.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The manual says you need adaptive cruise control on and adaptive Lane guidance ticked from what I remember.

I've only been in a jam once so far but the car didn't recognise the sides of the road unfortunately and you need lane guidance lit up green too

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
snailofsatan said:
The manual says you need adaptive cruise control on and adaptive Lane guidance ticked from what I remember.

I've only been in a jam once so far but the car didn't recognise the sides of the road unfortunately and you need lane guidance lit up green too
As I understand it, lane assist won't function below 35mph unless you have a vehicle with traffic jam assist, so the lane guidance wont go green in a traffic jam without the TJA activated. This seems to be the case with my MK2.

I think you can tell if the car has TJA as it appears as a separate tickable option in the menu, below lane assist which mine, and I believe, none of the UK, NZ and Australian models have it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If that is the case then VW NZ will have some explaining to do since it is clearly mentioned on the spec sheet for the Tiguan.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Online chat said uk models have it if you've got aac and lane assist. When I asked about lane guidance going green they said I should ask Dealer as it's technical

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hugo_NZ said:
If that is the case then VW NZ will have some explaining to do since it is clearly mentioned on the spec sheet for the Tiguan.
I am guessing here but I think you will find that the specs in the table refer to the cars on order and not yet in the country, this is the case in Oz as well. All previous cars did not have it activated and I am having an ongoing discussion with VW Oz regarding this.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't have anything that says TJA but if your ACC is on and there is traffic jam, I find it does it's best to idle along without stopping and if it does stop it says ACC ready to resume or something like that. When the traffic goes it sometimes goes itself or I just click Res and off it goes again up to the next stopped car.

As for steering I will try to see if I can turn on lane guidance if I remember but it always tells me off for not holding the wheel

And sometimes you might even get a little push from the car behind as my little Timmy had the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had this from UK VW forwarded to me:

Unfortunately, the Volkswagen Tiguan does not come with Traffic Jam Assist. However, as previously advised the Volkswagen Tiguan comes with the option to have features similar such as;

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) Including cruise control, Front Assist, radar sensor controlled distance monitoring system,
City emergency braking system,
Driver Alert system audible and visual fatigue detection system,
Cruise control and speed limiter
I would also like to advise that the Owner's Manual may include model specifications and optional extras for all vehicles within the European market. Therefore, the Owner's Manual is generic and may state features which are not included in your vehicle; some features may also be unavailable in the UK market. I am sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

I can confirm the Traffic Jam Assist feature is a new optional extra in the Volkswagen New Golf.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ah damn , well I don't fancy trying to hack it

·
Registered
44 Posts
I posed the TJA question to the sales manager of the dealership where we purchased our cars as well as several senior staff at VW NZ. The dealership sales manager has come back with a response:

With the traffic jam assist the infrastructure is not here in New Zealand as yet for this to work. We are hoping in the near future this will be activated.
Still waiting for a response from the various folks at VW NZ.

On a side note, the build date of my Tig is 6 March, 2017.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Another update. Both the dealer and VW NZ have come back and confirmed that TJA should in fact be available and activated on our cars. They are looking into why it is not active and how to activate it and will get back to me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hugo_NZ said:
Another update. Both the dealer and VW NZ have come back and confirmed that TJA should in fact be available and activated on our cars. They are looking into why it is not active and how to activate it and will get back to me.
I'm looking forward to hear how you get on Hugo and also how they activate it!
Is TJA specified on the price list as included over there?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Chris 320 said:
Hugo_NZ said:
I'm looking forward to hear how you get on Hugo and also how they activate it!
Is TJA specified on the price list as included over there?
Sure is. Even the GM of VW NZ now has his eyes on my query, and they have resolved to have feedback for me by next week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update: VW NZ has come back to me and admitted that TJA was meant to have been enabled at the factory. My Tig is getting a software update on Wednesday and SO's on Thursday. I'll report back again once the update has been done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got the car back, and after initial disappointment of not seeing TJA in the assist menu I can confirm that it is, in fact, working and it is freaky as! Adaptive Lane Guidance is now also available under the Driver Assistance menu on the Discover menu.

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
I engaged ACC at low speed as I came up to a queue for a roundabout and it slowed down and stopped then crept forward as the car in front moved. I did have to brake though when the car in front went onto the roundabout as it tried to follow :shock:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts