Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone yet received their car who has an automatic?

There are quite a few traffic jams here in holland and one of the things i was quite excited about on the Tiguan was the combination of adaptive cruise control and lane assist to give a hands free, stress free traffic jam assist.....

question is, has anyone tried it yet, and how well does it work?

looking forward to the feedback

Jon

·
Registered
151 Posts
Mine is an automatic SEL TDI 190 (all 190's are automatic). ACC is great in traffic on motorways. Did 100 miles on motorways both there and back last week and hardly touched the break or accelerator at all. Just the occasional touch on accelerator from total stop. However I don't notice lane assist at all. Set up says it is on but I don't feel or notice it. Does anyone else?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have SE TDI 150 DSG, and find using ACC on busy motorway can be hard work, as the car slows and adapts its speed to the vehicle you are approaching, so you do have to plan ahead to overtake and allow the car to accelerate, or do it yourself!. On quieter motorways its great. Lane assist has been on, but I cant say I notice any difference.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well - I have the M62 - that should be interesting.....jcns 22 to 27 - normally a carpark most days between 07:00 and 09:00 - even better when some clown decides to test his/her airbags on the central reservation (which interestingly enough is not longer the metal arnco ) but solid concrete.
As for caravans......I;ve seen less pieces in an airfix kit after one of those gets whalloped by a truck.....

I am looking forward to the motorways in France though......thats when my new Tig will be at its best.....
Just got to wait till it arrives.....ordered on the 16th July ......still a box of bolts atm :(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Recently drove from Liverpool to sunny Ayrshire, M6/M74 all the way and had the ACC and lane assist on most of the way. It was later at night, so roads were reasonably quiet and ACC was great. I even had the driver alert warn me a couple of times, thought I was getting tired or not moving enough.
I've done just over 3500miles now, car is giving 49.6 mpg average long term, adblue still says 4000 mls. No rattles! Just bought a cargo net for the boot from a guy in Poland on ebay, fits perfect, well made and stops small loose items rolling around.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've certainly seen Lane Assist kick in, it tries to stop you from moving lane if you dont have the indicator on. When i initially did a test drive, they showed that on a road with a bend it will almost steer for you (before sounding an alert to tell you to take over!)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Guys, I noticed in the manual that Traffic Jam Assist is a separate function to ACC, and is controlled within the lane guidance menu. It states "when the lane keeping system is active, Traffic Jam Assist is switched on and off via adaptive lane guidance by pressing the Driver assistance function buttons on the infotainment system"

Can anyone confirm?

I have an R Line on order.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I certainly can't see this option, and it's not mentioned as far as I can see in the brochure or website for the Tiguan?
It looks to be something on the Passat certainly. Interesting feature that would be useful on the M25!

If anyone does work out how to make it work would be interested to know

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
alanbathurst said:
I have a mk2 r line with with lane assist and acc both work well and can be selected independently of each other.
Thanks and how about Traffic Jam Assist? Is there a specific option for that as stated in the manual? It should be within the Lane Assist sub menu?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts