Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post.

Ordered a white 2.0 TSI DSG R-Line back in April and took delivery a few days back on the 14th.

The car has Leather, heated rear seats, rear camera/auto park, keyless entry/Start, Headlight washers (complimentary) and Tyre Pressure Monitoring as the main options. Bought the car through Drive The Deal at a significant discount and was really well looked after by JCB VW at Gillinghan.

I reluctantly ordered the TSI over the diesel due to uncertainly around the future of diesels in the UK but first impressions are really good as it is a quiet and smooth power plant and is already averaging 35 mpg in mixed driving.

So what am I pleasantly surprised with:
Refinement and comfort are good.
Steers and handles well.
The standard infotainment and speakers are excellent, did not test a car with the upgraded system so cannot draw a direct comparison but better than I expected and Siri via CarPlay means that I don't regret not taking voice control.
The car looks great in the metal and has real presence.
The cabin is a nice place to be and enhanced greatly by the panoramic roof and sunroof.
The active led lights are amazing.
Boot and passenger space is pretty generous.
Coasting and stop/start functions work really well.
Touchscreen is really intuitive and responsive.
Not having to wear gloves to fill up :lol:

What are the (slight) disappointments?
No massage function on the drivers seat.
ACC is fiddly to control and is not as advanced as expected (but still genuinely useful)
Cannot stow parcel shelf.
Have not been able to fathom the lane/queue assist yet.
Keyless boot open is very hit and miss.
Virtual cockpit whilst really nice is not as well featured as the Audi versions.

Overall though, really pleased with the car and cannot wait to see how it performs once it has loosened up a bit more, definitely no regrets

·
Registered
835 Posts
Scol said:
First post.

Ordered a white 2.0 TSI DSG R-Line back in April and took delivery a few days back on the 14th.

The car has Leather, heated rear seats, rear camera/auto park, keyless entry/Start, Headlight washers (complimentary) and Tyre Pressure Monitoring as the main options. Bought the car through Drive The Deal at a significant discount and was really well looked after by JCB VW at Gillinghan.

I reluctantly ordered the TSI over the diesel due to uncertainly around the future of diesels in the UK but first impressions are really good as it is a quiet and smooth power plant and is already averaging 35 mpg in mixed driving.

So what am I pleasantly surprised with:
Refinement and comfort are good.
Steers and handles well.
The standard infotainment and speakers are excellent, did not test a car with the upgraded system so cannot draw a direct comparison but better than I expected and Siri via CarPlay means that I don't regret not taking voice control.
The car looks great in the metal and has real presence.
The cabin is a nice place to be and enhanced greatly by the panoramic roof and sunroof.
The active led lights are amazing.
Boot and passenger space is pretty generous.
Coasting and stop/start functions work really well.
Touchscreen is really intuitive and responsive.
Not having to wear gloves to fill up :lol:

What are the (slight) disappointments?
No massage function on the drivers seat.
ACC is fiddly to control and is not as advanced as expected (but still genuinely useful)
Cannot stow parcel shelf.
Have not been able to fathom the lane/queue assist yet.
Keyless boot open is very hit and miss.
Virtual cockpit whilst really nice is not as well featured as the Audi versions.

Overall though, really pleased with the car and cannot wait to see how it performs once it has loosened up a bit more, definitely no regrets
There was a thread about the foot swipe to open the boot being hit and miss, and some had the sensor replaced and worked fine after that.
I made sure that they had checked mine before collection.
I cant find the thread now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Keyless boot open works every time for me if I swipe my foot directly below the VW logo in a forwards/backwards motion rather than side to side.

·
Registered
134 Posts
"ACC is fiddly to control and is not as advanced as expected"

What problem are you having? What more would you like from the system?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't complain about the function of the easy open boot. At first I thought that it works with sideways motion but then read that it requires a forward backward motion. It works every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
ACS said:
"ACC is fiddly to control and is not as advanced as expected"

What problem are you having? What more would you like from the system?
I like the ACC and it works brilliantly in a traffic jam. Only thing I find fiddly is getting the distance right between me and the car in front as it's not that intuitive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is probably a little unfair as I am comparing it to the system in my Q7 which automatically reduces speed for corners, roundabouts etc and also to observe changes in speed limits which is great provided it does not pick up limits on side roads which it does sometimes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks also for the comments re the boot opening, I will experiment with it a little more before declaring it a problem but 90% of the time the button on the key is probably faster anyway.

·
Registered
134 Posts
roundabouts😳

I'm not sure I'd risk any form of ACC for roudabout😱

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ACS said:
roundabouts😳

I'm not sure I'd risk any form of ACC for roudabout😱
It is a bit spooky at first but actually works really well, it will slow you to a stop if you do not override it but once you do will proceed at a suitable pace. Goes without saying that all of these driver aids are exactly that and still very much require the driver to be in control at all times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts