Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I note from the spec it says "Tyre pressure loss indicator" and then there is an add on for £130 that is a "Tyre pressure monitoring system".

Is this just purely a cosmetic display add on that shows you what your tyre pressures are as I assume the indicator (free) tells you if the tyre is going down / varied from the previously set bar/psi. I assume when you pump the tyres up, you just reset this indicator and then it lets you know if it varies from what you set it to?

The "cosmetic" add on for £130 is just to have it display the actual bar/psi and does nothing else different?

Or am I seeing this wrong?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Tire pressure loss indicator monitors wheel rotation via the ABS sensors, and can determine if the wheel size changes due to pressure loss. It pops up a generic tire pressure low warning.

The tire pressure monitor are sensors in the wheel valves and indicate each individual pressure in the display. This will warn you of a low tyre, and which it is.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tricky said:
Tire pressure loss indicator monitors wheel rotation via the ABS sensors, and can determine if the wheel size changes due to pressure loss. It pops up a generic tire pressure low warning.

The tire pressure monitor are sensors in the wheel valves and indicate each individual pressure in the display. This will warn you of a low tyre, and which it is.
Thank you Tricky.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts