Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

A really basic question - but the manual is as clear as mud on the subject - and my dealer is too busy at the moment to call me back - How do I access the display of the tyre pressure monitoring system?

So far I have pressed "car" to the right of the big display - then settings - then tyres - I then get the option to change from comfort to standard or fully loaded. OK - but then what? How do I get the pressures displayed?

Thanks in advance for any help

Brian

G

·
The standard system on all Tiguans does not show tyre pressure. It only warns when there is a loss of pressure by comparing wheel rotation speed - a loss of pressure changes diameter of wheel and so speed. It is not a very accurate system - my Golf gave false warnings on several occasions but on one was correct and saved a breakdown. You can specify a more accurate system at extra cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I was not clear - I have the optional extra system - and I have seen the pressures on a display (once, at the dealership when we collected the car) - but I can't discover the relevant sequence of button pushing to see them again.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Artartart said:
Hi

Thanks for the reply. Sorry if I was not clear - I have the optional extra system - and I have seen the pressures on a display (once, at the dealership when we collected the car) - but I can't discover the relevant sequence of button pushing to see them again.
If you have the AID you can see them there by toggling the menus and selecting it from the car settings menu

·
Registered
122 Posts
On the same screen that shows the options for the rear tyre pressures, you should be able to see each individual tyre pressure

·
Registered
627 Posts
Artartart said:
Hi

A really basic question - but the manual is as clear as mud on the subject - and my dealer is too busy at the moment to call me back - How do I access the display of the tyre pressure monitoring system?

So far I have pressed "car" to the right of the big display - then settings - then tyres - I then get the option to change from comfort to standard or fully loaded. OK - but then what? How do I get the pressures displayed?

Thanks in advance for any help

Brian
When you press Car, don't press settings. In the bottom left side of screen there should be other buttons available, one of which brings up various bits about the car status.

Then move the screen left or right and tyre screen should be one of these. There will also be a SET button on screen so you can Lock in any new tyre pressures if you have changed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts