Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who has checked their tyre pressure yet after collection. just done mines today and they where pumped up to 42psi. put them now down to 33psi and what a difference in the ride.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't know what's the suggested tyre pressure for R-Line but my SE Nav has 38psi all tyres when driven alone and 38 front / 41 rear with full load.
Therefore I suggest to check the sticker on the driver's door pillar because 33 seems too low to me. It would be comfier but I imagine 20" low profile R-Line tyres would be shot very quickly when under-pressured like this.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry forgot to say 33psi is what the sticker says for a comfier ride. 38psi for normal use.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Occasionally, I find my TPM reporting low pressure only to find that the load mode has changed to Fully Loaded. I change it back to standard and it is back to close enough to the target pressure that it reports all is OK again. Not sure why it changed by itself but it's done it twice now and I wonder if it has something to do with the driving mode

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have found if the weather is below zero, that this can lead to the TPMS triggering and reporting low pressures. Few miles running and the tyre warms up to regular expected pressure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts