Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some news in my work inbox this morning about changes to our company car scheme from April onwards - a large FTSE 100 company so you be sure others will likely follow with similar restrictions

With changes to tax regulations and National Insurance rates for benefits in kind, the company is not going to permit any new company cars to be ordered after April with over 75g/km of CO2 emissions

Doesn't affect me today but would clearly stop me from getting another Golf GTD or any Tiguan as a company car when it comes up for renewal :(

In fact, looking at the price lists, the only Golf variants that are below 75 are the e-Golf and the Golf GTE - everything else is now 100+ on the latest price list. No Tiguan is anywhere close.

No sign yet of the rumoured Tiguan GTE either so if I want something over 75g/km it will have to be a personal lease which will be uneconomic at 18k miles p/a

Looks like hybrids and EVs will be taking over the company car market over the next few years!

·
Registered
238 Posts
V interesting news, thanks for that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I started my search for a new car early last year (2016) with the intention of giving plug-in hybrids a good look. I was dead set on a compact crossover with 4x4 and quickly realised that the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV was the only option in my price range. Somehow that car didn't appeal to me. The only other plug-in options were premium luxury cars...BMW's etc.

My attention was drawn to the Tiguan because of the GTE rumours. But in talks with the local dealer it was apparent that this option was still a few years in the future and it might not even be a Fourmotion...at least in the beginning. By that time I was sold on the TIGUAN and ordered a 2.0 TDI SEL that was delivered to me in January. Very happy with it.

It seems to me that the move to electric or plug-in hybrids is happening at an ever faster pace. If VW doesn't introduce a Tiguan GTE soon they might be left out or forced to play catch up with other manufacturers. Would be a shame...given recent history etc. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts