Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am presuming that there is (probably??) a means of setting the car alarm that does NOT switch on the internal ultrasonic movement detectors when leaving the car - if a dog is left inside. I have looked around but cannot find any information. My car is a 2017 Tiguan SEL. Can anyone advise?

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
When you lock the car it sets the alarm, internal sensors and double locks, disabling the internal door handles. If you press the lock button a second time it stays locked, but enables the internal handles and disables the internal sensing. So, double click on the lock button.

Just for your info, There's also a tilt/move sensor for the alarm, you can disable this (mainly if you're on a ferry or similar and don't want the alarm going off with the ships movements) originally a button on the B pillar low down, but later a soft switch in car settings. Yours may still have the physical button.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you lock the car it sets the alarm, internal sensors and double locks, disabling the internal door handles. If you press the lock button a second time it stays locked, but enables the internal handles and disables the internal sensing. So, double click on the lock button.

Just for your info, There's also a tilt/move sensor for the alarm, you can disable this (mainly if you're on a ferry or similar and don't want the alarm going off with the ships movements) originally a button on the B pillar low down, but later a soft switch in car settings. Yours may still have the physical button.
Thank you, that is really helpful. I had a look round and there is no seperate button to disable the alarm, so it looks like taking care to only press the key tab once. I must get used to this - my previous Ford needed to be pressed twice to fully set - so this is the opposite way round!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yes, exact opposite of fords. I had the same 'culture realignment' coming to VW's. I guess it makes sense, one click does it all, you want to do something extra, that's a second click.

The button ls not relevant to what you were asking I just added it in for completeness. If you need it and there's no physical button, it'll be in the car setup under one of the options.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Another example of cost cutting from VW. For many years they had a discreet button fitted to the base of the B pillar on the drivers side that disabled the interior sensors if (as you say) you were leaving animals or a person in the car. Around 2016 ish VW removed this button and consigned it to the menu system on the infotainment screen or the double click on the remote as described above.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts