Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had nothing to do today and i was wandering without purpose on my garden :) :) so the idea came to mind to check the sticker with all the engine/options codes found on vw cars. It is usually locted inside the trunk where the spare wheel is located, or inside the instructions booklet. That's were it was located on all my previous vws. (it looks like this:

Font Material property Parallel Number Pattern

Strange thing is i can't find it anywhere. It's invisible. I even searched inside the engine area, nothing. Bear in mind mine is a Tiguan r line '22 245tsi. Anyone knows where it is located on theirs?

·
Registered
271 Posts
In my GTI it’s hidden behind the trim at the lower back of the boot opening (just beneath the striker plate). Only found it by accident.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazing....it's impossible to find it, to the poinbt that i think VW just forgot to stick it somewhere into the car. I removed everything from the boot, spare wheel, covers e.t.c and it nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Amazing....it's impossible to find it, to the poinbt that i think VW just forgot to stick it somewhere into the car. I removed everything from the boot, spare wheel, covers e.t.c and it nowhere to be found.
I remember once finding that sticker on the underside of the bonnet. I guess you have already looked but could it be underneath the sound deadening or perhaps fallen off and lying below on the undertray? Maybe your Dealer or VW Customer Services could provide a copy?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine was stuck in the front of the handbook.
I also managed to get a full report including detailed spec. from the VIN number for 7.4 Euros from autoDNA.com.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts