Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't see around an SEL when I bought mine, both local dealers only having an SE Nav or R-Lines in. I've just been faffing around with the comparison tool on the VW website and spotted that the SEL doesn't have the underseat storage bins :( Can an SEL owner confirm this for me please

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have just been and looked and there is nothing under the drivers seat but passenger seat has a storage draw. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for checking, at least it has one

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi the SEL description used to say two under seat storage bins, but when mine arrived the drivers side was missing. I have been onto VWUK who are deliberately failing to respond to the question of "where is it" as you advertised it; trying to make it a dispute between the dealer and myself - rather than misrepresentative advertising by VWUK.

In short SEL's do not have storage bins on the drivers' side, nor the fire extinguishers advertised on other VW sites - just a big hole!!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Just went out and had a look

What looks like the lumbar support pump is under the driver's seat but mounted on the floor; probably means that you cannot fit a tray.
There is nothing on the passenger side in the same place but you could fit a fire extinguisher without too much bother, under the tray
The car is an SEL and does not have electrically adjustable seats

Hope this helps

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spot on, I was thinking that the car had none when I looked at the spec on the VW site, but at least having one is a bonus

·
Registered
627 Posts
I was informed it doesn't have the draw under the seat because of the seat itself being different and having the electric massage function in the drivers seat.

Just found this in recent brochure:

Front sport seats with 14-way adjustable
driver's ergoComfort seat including
cushion tilt adjustment, backrest and
thigh support, with electric adjustment
for lumbar support and massage function
- in lieu of driver's under seat drawer

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a SEL, can confirm as well no storage under drivers seat. Electric adjustment is an option, not standard equipment on these seats.

Also note that the manual shows an image of storage boxes extending from the interior light controls on the roof. This "option" is included in the "storage pack" but on an SEL and R-Line with the sunroof these boxes are not added. I've not been able to find out what this storage pack actually provides for a SEL\R-Line trim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts