Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id be interested to know what addons people have bought for the tiguan.
Here is afew of mine. All can be removed if im not sure when fitted.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Could you explain what the items are! Where did you get the sill and boot protection from. :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem here goes

Heko wind deflectors front and rear. £40
Carbon fibre look boot strip £14
Carbon fibre look sill protectors £14
DSG paadle shift extensions £20
Small 12v 2x usb for the rear seats £5
Rubber Key fobs £12
Rline key ring £8
Anker long iphone cable.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Where did you purchase the boot/sill protectors and also the wind deflectors, Cheers

Also what is the benefit of the wind deflectors. Is it to stop draughts when the window is open or is it to reduce wind noise

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rockman2 said:
Where did you purchase the boot/sill protectors and also the wind deflectors, Cheers

Also what is the benefit of the wind deflectors. Is it to stop draughts when the window is open or is it to reduce wind noise
All off ebay and Amazon. My understanding of the wind deflectors is to allows the windows to be open slightly during rain but still allows fresh are in the car.

One reason ive got them is to allow the windows to be down slightly and let the dog have fresh air. The car looks like all the windows are closed too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mastermyk said:
Heko wind deflectors? will they fit on your R-Line Tiguan? if ever will you post pics.

cheers
Yes i will be post a picture as soon as i get the car next month.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I've bought/ been given :D , a few add-ons (mud flaps, rear bumper film, Athag dog guard and splitter, boot liner, wifi dongle etc.)

But I'm really looking at the side steps that are now available : https://www.direct4x4.co.uk/tiguan-2016-onwards

My problem is which one :?: :?: :?:

Cheers Earl

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Earl_H said:
I've bought/ been given :D , a few add-ons (mud flaps, rear bumper film, Athag dog guard and splitter, boot liner, wifi dongle etc.)

But I'm really looking at the side steps that are now available : https://www.direct4x4.co.uk/tiguan-2016-onwards

My problem is which one :?: :?: :?:

Cheers Earl
I can't get that link up Earl_H.. :( :(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Some of those runners look quite cool. Are they bolt ons? As I will be leasing I don't want to modify the car in any permanent way. Also, can they come with puddle lights?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Thanks Steve for correcting the link :) - still not used to this "forum thing" as a contributor.

For Pumpbhoy - I think they bolt on, but from what I have seen on the Mk1 some also needed modification to the undertray to access the fitting points so..... The SEL and I think all models have puddle lights in the wing mirrors - which on mine seem to light up a very wide area (lake lights anyone?) :) so you don't really need any other lighting IMO

·
Registered
433 Posts
You will need to remove the undergray and drain gromits to fit mounting bolts and then trim the under tray to refit. Can be challenging and if you don't have the luxury of a car lift. I fitted these to my MK 1 with effort using a trolley jack but well worth it. View attachment 492

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Savvas said:
This is another small but nice addon to think of.....aluminium tyre wheels caps....Very nice and recommended.
Available in Aliexpress for only €1
Just a note with Ally Tyre caps.. make sure you use copper grease on the threading as you'll never get them off again!!

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,581 Posts
RichyP said:
Savvas said:
This is another small but nice addon to think of.....aluminium tyre wheels caps....Very nice and recommended.
Available in Aliexpress for only €1
Just a note with Ally Tyre caps.. make sure you use copper grease on the threading as you'll never get them off again!!
And another thing to note, if you have the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system VW say you must NOT use metal valve caps ;)

Steve

·
Registered
111 Posts
Viper88 can you please send us some real photos of the Carbon fibre boot strip after you have placed it on the car just to see how it looks. And did u face any difficulties? Do you reccommend it?
Thaaaanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
Steve thanks for the tip....I had no idea...I will have a look at it.....THANKS!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts