Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening folks.

I just wondered if anybody had got around to cleaning the upholstery in their Tigs as yet. I've got the Alcantara in my SEL and it's starting to look a bit grubby (child & dog to thank!). I was debating whether to get them professionally cleaned by a Valeter but not so sure how the material will cope. I tried the Autoglym interior shampoo but it just doesn't do the job.

Any feedback from personal experience on their Tigs would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jonathan.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Yeah, get it professionally done, as you don't want to risk damaging them with other products. Many companies will come to your house / office to do it too - convenient!

Also did you get your car seats treated with anything? I had mine coated with Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric during my detail at Definitive Detail Chelmsford. The seats brush clean really easily, and show no sign of wear after 6 months. there are plenty of similar products, I'm sure the cleaning services will have options. I also have some seat protectors (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00BFQ5BM0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) under the child seats to protect from shoes / mud / deforming etc

·
Registered
R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG
2,017 Posts
:?

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Ditto :?

·
Registered