Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, greetings from Hong Kong~!
I have been visiting the showroom a couple of times to look at the Tiguan and should be making up my mind on my purchase decision within the next months :)

One thing that I have been aware in the 2017 model in Hong Kong is that they have removed the variable boot floor in all trim level.
When I do the test drive, it was on a model year 2016 which has this variable boot floor but the 2017 model year in the showroom just didn't have this feature. I have asked the sales to double check this for me and he confirmed that this has been removed in 2017 model year. Since I really wanted this feature and further asked him to check with the parts department and see if I can buy the parts to have it retrofitted and the answer turns out to be a no...

If the attached works, this is how it looks like below.
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Trunk

My question is, does anyone of you also have seen / heard about the removal of variable boot floor in 2017 model? Do you know if this could be retrofitted without costing a lot of money?

Thanks in advance for your input .

Attachments

Registered
Hi mrleng and welcome. That certainly looks like it's been made a permanent low floor. Why on earth would they do that? 馃憥
I suspect an awful lot of people will be put off having such a large ledge to lift luggage over.
Utter madness!! :cry: :cry:

Steve

Registered
In Finland it has been made to an optional extra for 2017. For a month or so you could have it if you ordered a spare wheel but now you can order it without the spare (just as it was in 2016.

Registered
Will UK ordered be the same as I ordered mine in 2016 and if IT arrives with this design I will be very angry as this is an awful design. If when I viewed the demo cars and Sen this it would have been a game changer and would have gone for the new Q5. :eek:

Registered
I'm with Timbo on this! :eek: :evil:

Registered
Checked on VW UK and found this on the features
Luggage compartment cover, removable Variable boot floor, height adjustable and removable.

Looks like we are ok

Registered
And in the image ...it looks like the left hand pocket/cubby hole has gone...but there is still one on the right..... I think we have all seen different specs through this forum...ie the Highline for some in Europe/Ireland ....also some members on here from further afield . Does this mean they have done away with the spare wheel :?: :?: :?: :?: Oh sorry....welcome to the forum mrleng :)

Registered
Hi Stumpy

It does seem strange that VW have small differences in specs depending on country. I wonder how they come to these desisions. Must be based on feedback from customers but can't see how this change to the luggage compartment would be acceptable in any country. :roll:

Registered
Timbo said:
Hi Stumpy

It does seem strange that VW have small differences in specs depending on country. I wonder how they come to these desisions. Must be based on feedback from customers but can't see how this change to the luggage compartment would be acceptable in any country. :roll:
Totally agree.....why do it, beggars belief :roll: :eek:

Registered
Mine is like that - mistake on my part - didn't want weight of spare wheel with seld sealing tyres -but ended with a large boot with big lip. Got used to it now.. not so bad...could add it but apparently will cost 500 euros...so easy decision.

Registered
500 euros for a boot shelf is extortinate in the extreme and can appreciate why you didn't go for it.

Registered
I think it is because you apparently can't just have the shelf - the dynaudio or in this case I think the 500 is for the addition of the spare wheel and the polystyrene surround that forms the support to the shelf

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the input, I must admit that the boot looks kind of ugly without the variable boot floor and I'm really surprised that they have made the decision to have it removed in 2017 cars while the 2016s comes as standard. In Hong Kong, we don't get a decision on different trim level and even the R-line does not have as standard. The only options for 1.4 TSI and the 180HP 2.0 T has is the technology package which has the surround view, panoramic roof , electric driver front seat with memory and park assist, all for 30K HKD and Onxy White for another 7K. For the 220HP, you can only order with the R-Line which also comes with Navigation and HUD, which is 70K HKD over the 180HP with technology package, which comes to a total of 470K HKD (We pay high tax here in Hong Kong for cars.) Even that, they didn't bother to put a variable boot floor on the car although it's in most of their marketing materials... What a shame for us =(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts