Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Has anyone made it to activate VIM? There are 2 ways, Vag Can Pro and other way, some hardware installed, from kauftec. I have found some tutorials for Golf 7, with VCP, on same MIB II navi system but does not working with my china clone. Maybe original VCP might could activate... but it cost over 500 euros... and is not such a good deal for one time use...
Anyway, if someone made it with VCP maybe let us know!
Adrian

·
Registered
134 Posts
If it's what I think it is, the passenger can get in the back with the iPad and leave me to the driving with out distraction.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Matchbox said:
Excuse my ignorance but what iis VIM?
It's the system on the Discover Pro that allows you to watch DVDs on your screen - see

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Video in Motion = VIM
Allows DVDs, Video files from USB or SD to play even car is moving.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Can anyone confirm this actually works while moving in the UK ? I didn't think this was allowed here.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a working VIM using the following.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADAPTER-TV-FREE-VIDEO-IN-MOTION-MIB-MIB-2-WORK-MIRROR-LINK-/201638842899?hash=item2ef29c9213:g:8qoAAOSwyLlXo2Ad

To be clear I dont use it to watch video while driving but rather enable Mirrorlink while on the go.

This allows a full mirror of an android phone on the display so any apps like Maps, Spotify, Email diagnostic software work etc work while the car is moving.

It also allows iplayer, Slingplayer to be used while stationary (it could be used while driving but a)that illegal and b)its dangerous

Easy to install and can be easily disabled using a steering wheel button.

If interested I can get a video of it working

·
Registered
112 Posts
Not only is it illegal in the UK to have this active. but it would be clear distraction to the driver, an accident waiting to happen

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just to clarify I would never watch a video or similar, or even let a passenger do so while the car is in motion; as neelytom says its illegal and just plain stupid.

i purely use it for apps that are not available/enabled for Android Auto or Apple Carplay e.g. Google Maps in Carplay or the free TomTom Speedcamera app that is not available in either (not to mention a number of audio applications i use).

As it is a direct mirror of the Android phone screen it is ideal as basically any android app can be used.

·
Registered
285 Posts
:roll: Hi my parter watches movies on iPad and BBC i player downloads, while we travel any distance. I used to play sound threw speakers, but got her a pair of headphones after listening to Pear Harbour threw the sound system :roll: :twisted:
on our way back from France the Japanese started strafing pearl harbour OMG what's gone wrong with the car :shock: :oops:
Enoughs enough ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
:roll: Hi my parter watches movies on iPad and BBC i player downloads, while we travel any distance. I used to play sound threw speakers, but got her a pair of headphones after listening to Pear Harbour threw the sound system :roll: :twisted:
on our way back from France the Japanese started strafing pearl harbour OMG what's gone wrong with the car :shock: :oops:
Enoughs enough ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OFC you can't drive and watch... it is for passenger or kids from backsteats.
From what I found out there is a solution for Golf (using same Discovery system) with VCP. I was curious if on Tig someone did it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Adip said:
OFC you can't drive and watch... it is for passenger or kids from backsteats.
From what I found out there is a solution for Golf (using same Discovery system) with VCP. I was curious if on Tig someone did it.
The trouble is, you are not allowed it in the front seats - so you cant have it working whilst going along - whilst you say you are not watching it, the Police officer that stops you wont know that its only for the kids in the back and not you even if it is cartoons etc on there and you will still be prosecuted for it if caught.

If you want them to stream video to keep them quiet then invest in little dvd players or screens or tablets that are capable of wifi, set up a wifi dongle or something and let them stream over internet whilst you are driving or download prior to journey. It will probably work out cheaper than being banned...

·
Registered
83 Posts
There have been numerous stories of insurance assessors checking for VIM after an accident, and voiding all insurance if they find it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Pottsy said:
There have been numerous stories of insurance assessors checking for VIM after an accident, and voiding all insurance if they find it.
The onus would be on them though to prove that it was on at the time of the accident.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Solved after 3 years, LOL.
Mib2 high toolbox from jilieb/Chillout, just search in google, you will find info. Just extract his tool onto a fresh formated SD card and hit update.
Make sure that you have Greenmenu activated first. For that use VCDS or OBD11 or VCP.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts