Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently noticed how many New Tiguan owners have specced Vienna Leather over cloth, which has me thinking why?...........at £1,475.00 for this option in the UK it is one of, if not the most expensive factory fitted options and one that is double the price of leather option with other premium car manufacturers.

My wife would have liked it on her Tiguan but her car would have topped out at over £40,000.00 :shock: even though we have been quite conservative with the options list.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Always had leather on every car - even 2nd hand ones
Didn't even consider not going for it - in order to make it affordable didn't go for towbar and dynaudio...both would have been nice, but not without the leather :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,536 Posts
I went for the Vienna leather option as I really thought the colour was a great match for the Caribbean Blue paint.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JonP said:
Always had leather on every car - even 2nd hand ones
Didn't even consider not going for it - in order to make it affordable didn't go for towbar and dynaudio...both would have been nice, but not without the leather :D
My wife has specced the swiveling Towbar and Dynaudio :) ....towbar for our mountain bikes and we are both music lovers so Dynaudio was always going to be on the list. I have Dynaudio in my Golf 7 GTD and its only slightly different to the standard speakers. However in the Tiguan the difference is leagues apart.

We have also included Electric Tailgate, Keyless, Tyre Pressure Monitoring and Progressive Steering, the latter options only costing a couple of hundred pounds but well worth the cost IMO. We would dearly like the leather but we have had to draw the line at the ever increasing vehicle cost.

Essjay said:
I went for the Vienna leather option as I really thought the colour was a great match for the Caribbean Blue paint.
Unusual and apparently rare colour but as you said the contrasting colours are a great combination :cool: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
If you select the cloth option on a R Line model none of the seats will be electric, all manual controls.
Selecting Leather on the R Line will give you full electric control including Lumbar support but only on the drivers seat.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Essjay said:
I went for the Vienna leather option as I really thought the colour was a great match for the Caribbean Blue paint.
:p Yep that looks cool 'Essjay' :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
With all the extras I ordered at the beginning, I left out the Vienna leather, as other half said 'No' to dear.......Then a few weeks later 'Thankfully' someone mentioned the 'interest rate drop', :idea: so I got in touch with my local VW. With the new rate I was able to have the leather (vienna Black) electric seats as another option extra and still have a few quid back ......as I already had a budget...it was a 'no brainer' :!: :!: ......BUT...I have still cleanly forgot to tell my wife yet, she will have a surprise next week if it's ready :lol: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
169 Posts
GTD184 said:
I have recently noticed how many New Tiguan owners have specced Vienna Leather over cloth, which has me thinking why?...........at £1,475.00 for this option in the UK it is one of, if not the most expensive factory fitted options and one that is double the price of leather option with other premium car manufacturers.

My wife would have liked it on her Tiguan but her car would have topped out at over £40,000.00 :shock: even though we have been quite conservative with the options list.
You say the Vienna leather is expensive but wonder if vw had done the carbon Nappa then how many would have gone for that as it was nearly £2700 on my golf but was far far superior to the Vienna which felt like cardboard in comparison !.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mercedes only charge £750.00 for leather on their GLC model and in the Seat Atecca their top line model comes with leather as standard (although sunroofs, power fold mirrors and ACC are extra cost options)

As my wife also purchased an extended warranty for her Tiguan she also noticed when looking at the Seat Atecca that VW extended warranties are double the price of Seat and Skoda although the entire VW group share much of the mechanicals, electronic architecture and pretty much everything else.
The warranty price difference seems to indicate that your more likely to have more warranty claims in a VW than other VW group brands. :|
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
GTD184 said:
Mercedes only charge £750.00 for leather on their GLC model and in the Seat Atecca their top line model comes with leather as standard (although sunroofs, power fold mirrors and ACC are extra cost options)

As my wife also purchased an extended warranty for her Tiguan she also noticed when looking at the Seat Atecca that VW extended warranties are double the price of Seat and Skoda although the entire VW group share much of the mechanicals, electronic architecture and pretty much everything else.
The warranty price difference seems to indicate that your more likely to have more warranty claims in a VW than other VW group brands. :|
GTD184..... Mercedes don't use real leather. ARTICO leather in the MLs & GLs is man-made look-a-like, yet convincingly similar to 'Real Leather'.....
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
176 Posts
I like the way the leather looks but prefer the cloth/suade/leather in the standard r line from a comfort point of view. It is an expensive option tbf but then when I had a mk5 Gti 10 years ago it was almost as expensive back then
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chris you are correct that Mercedes do use a synthetic leather 'Artico' but as I mentioned 'real' leather is available as a £750.00 option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
GTD184 said:
Chris you are correct that Mercedes do use a synthetic leather 'Artico' but as I mentioned 'real' leather is available as a £750.00 option.
GTD184...Apologies mate, I read it wrong, see what you mean now :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
stumpy said:
GTD184...Apologies mate, I read it wrong, see what you mean now :oops:
......no worries mate ;)
You will have to let me know how you sweet talked your wife into agreeing to the cost of leather on your Tiguan, which must of been touching £37k-£38k retail based on your spec :?: :!:

We are at £39k with no leather :shock: .....although I achieved a good incentive off the car i think leather could add £25 per month on the finance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
GTD184 said:
stumpy said:
GTD184...Apologies mate, I read it wrong, see what you mean now :oops:
......no worries mate ;)
You will have to let me know how you sweet talked your wife into agreeing to the cost of leather on your Tiguan, which must of been touching £37k-£38k retail based on your spec :?: :!:

We are at £39k with no leather :shock: .....although I achieved a good incentive off the car i think leather could add £25 per month on the finance.
:lol: She doesn't know yet, but she will soon :roll: :) as it has arrived at Grimsby docks :)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top