Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Voice control is a £185 extra. Did you specify this when ordering?

Steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
had voice control on a Honda - a complete waste of time TBH

·
Registered
387 Posts
Been doing a bit of research as I noticed the "enter a code" screen and wondered if it could be activated :?: , also looking for the mute :eek:

Found a page on a German VW parts site selling the part 5G0 054 802 for 103 euro but it has to be installed by someone who has a Vehicle diagnostic tester with ODIS-Service from Version 19.21

and it also states

The activation code, the activation number and the activation pin are required for software actualization. For this
data, refer to the software certificate enclosed

so its a dealer update :(

Rats :(

·
Registered
352 Posts
As it was mentioned this option costs £185 and needs a visit to a dealer for activation.
Then you could use voice commands for phone and in-built satnav.

But when you connect your phone via Android Auto this button actually works (as far as I remember needs approx. 2 sec button press)
OK, it works just via the phone using Google voice commands but it works brilliant.
Eg.
"Navigate to [postcode]" -> then it uses Google Maps to calculate route
or
"What's the weather like in [town]"
etc.

However I have no idea how it works with iPhones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have just purchased an OBDELEVEN device and wondered if it could be used to activate the voice control, in my Tiguan RLine? If so how is it done? Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hi,

I'm certain that it can't be done using Obd11 or Carista etc, I'm sure it's only the dealer that can activate it

If You use apple car play you can use the the voice activation button ( or whatever it's called ) to activate Siri, not sure how android auto works

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still Game said:
Hi,
... If You use apple car play you can use the the voice activation button ( or whatever it's called ) to activate Siri, not sure how android auto works
It works the same way with Android auto and Google assistant.

Skickat från min HD1913 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
604 Posts
Dealer only i'm afraid

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
sunking101 said:
Damned cheap of VW. The system is inbuilt but you have to pay to turn it on. I used the heck out of that feature on my old Audi.
True pathetic considering the cost of the car, voice was standard on my 2009 Xtrail, 2013 cx-5 and 2015 cx-5.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
As mentioned before- activation of this feature is not possible by any means without reference to the VW factory servers.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts