Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems my new Tiguan is capable of having Voice Control for a payment of £249. I did not select this as an option when ordering as I didn't think I would use it but the button is there on my steering wheel and I just wondered if it is worth having. I've not had this before so does it really work or is it just an expensive gimmick?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have it on my current Tig and had it on my previous Mk2 Tig. It allows you to change music tracks on a SD card or memory stick, use the telephone, change the radio station and set the sat nav by voice control. Since I use neither Android Auto nor Apple Carplay, I find it really useful (and accurate 95% or more of the time - it can struggle with difficult words). The 2019 version of the software on my current Tig is better than the previous 2016 version on the last Tig that I had. Might be even better now.

However, if you use Android Auto or Apple Carplay you may not find it worth the money.

Good luck.

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have it on my current Tig and had it on my previous Mk2 Tig. It allows you to change music tracks on a SD card or memory stick, use the telephone, change the radio station and set the sat nav by voice control. Since I use neither Android Auto nor Apple Carplay, I find it really useful (and accurate 95% or more of the time - it can struggle with difficult words). The 2019 version of the software on my current Tig is better than the previous 2016 version on the last Tig that I had. Might be even better now.

However, if you use Android Auto or Apple Carplay you may not find it worth the money.

Good luck.
I don't have Android or Carplay so maybe this is worth considering - thanks!

Reactions: dannymidd1

·
Registered
221 Posts
I don't have Android or Carplay so maybe this is worth considering - thanks!
i had it with my arona and it was ok , handy for making calls , but now im getting used to ok google call xyz i did think about ordering it through the shop thing but the price stopped me , as its really only for making calls that i used it :)

Reactions: A1VWD

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you know if this is software that you can download at home (having paid the cost of Voice Control) or do you have to go to a Dealer to get it activated?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
From your model, Life, I'm guessing you've got the MIB3 head unit, givaway is a short white bar under the time at the top of the screen. The whole reason for moving to this headunit was over the air function add ons, particularly Navigation and Voice.

If you press the button, it should tell you it's not available, but to go to the store or shop function on the head unit to subscribe and enable it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From your model, Life, I'm guessing you've got the MIB3 head unit, givaway is a short white bar under the time at the top of the screen. The whole reason for moving to this headunit was over the air function add ons, particularly Navigation and Voice.

If you press the button, it should tell you it's not available, but to go to the store or shop function on the head unit to subscribe and enable it.
Yes, that is what I've got so if I go to the shop function I just need to pay and let it download onto the unit. If that works I may do it as I can't be bothered to take it to a Dealer just to get it activated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts