Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used them , my tig is not broken down as such but air bag fault light is on dash , would they take the car to garage for me as a safety thing ?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sorry cant help with the request but What colour is the warning light?
VW/My dealer said to me If its amber/orange then its ok to drive the car to the garage, if its red then they advise not to drive it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
For info there is a VW Service app for your phone. It gives all vehicle symbols and there various colours with an explantion of what they mean and what you should do. You can also contact VW Customer Services and the app if you allow it will send your locatio to them for roadside assistance. You can also use the logbook fearure and it also provides information and tips. A useful app to have on your phone.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've used them and they were brill.

My Tiguan threw a warning light at 99 miles :shock: . It was the engine warning light - amber one. The car was actually in the drive and after a few restarts it didn't clear. So I called them out. They plugged in the diagnostic machine and it actually showed the fault as a faulty brake pedal sensor. The guy actually traced the wiring and spotted that the plug to the brake fluid reservoir wasn't fully pushed in. So he pushed it in and cleared all the error codes in the ecu.

This resulted in the dash light going off. He then followed me whilst I did a test drive. Everything seemed fine, so we returned back to my house. He then reconnected the diagnostic machine and did a full vehicle scan for faults - there weren't any, so he not only spotted the issue, but fixed it there and then.

He did say that if he hadn't been able to fix it they would recover the car to the vw dealership and because vw assist had recovered it I would have been guaranteed a coutesy car. If the dealership hadn't got a courtesy car, then vw assist provide a hire car at vw's expense.

So definitely call em out! 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts