Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got contacted by them to register if I wanted.
I can see the breakdown cover is included free?
But I'm not quite sure what the rest does really?

Ensurance was also mentioned

Anyone know more?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Registered to Driverline as well.
Essentially it is sort of single point of contact for all breakdown/accident/repairs problems.

Rectangle Font Jewellery Fashion accessory Brand

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi SlimPollack

Dealer never discussed VW Driverline so I'm totally mystified - would you care to enlighten me

Thanks

Earl

·
Registered
352 Posts
Hi Earl,
Initially I thought it's a standard service for all VW users but it looks like VW Driverline is just for leased cars only.

·
Registered
610 Posts
From what I see if I'm reading this right and not havinf a Doh moment, Drive line is only for lease vehicles is this correct ? and private owners have the Ensurance,

·
Registered
352 Posts
FTT said:
Drive line is only for lease vehicles is this correct ? and private owners have the Ensurance,
Ensurance is for all users, Driverline is for lease only - that's what I see it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just to confuse things further...

I have a VW lease car - but have neither Ensurance nor Driverline. Indeed I have never heard of either company

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm beginning to see the light - I used the link and then entered my details about 10 minutes later an "Enurance" policy appears :D

I think you just enter your details (car reg or VIN) and the software sorts you out.

Now all I have to do is read the policy and understand it :?

Regards Earl

·
Registered
50 Posts
am i correct in saying VWfinance lease customers get roadside assistance with this. Or do you just call the number then get billed retrospectively?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
From what I can remember, the lady on the phone that activated my driverline said breakdown cover is free for as long as I'm leasing it.
Although I've read somewhere that its only the 1st yr, so I'm not 100% sure

·
Registered
352 Posts
PWVWT2017 said:
I used this today on my personal lease. Absolutely fantastic service!!!
Would you mind sharing some more details? What sort of service/assistance did you require from them?

·
Registered
106 Posts
SlimPollack said:
PWVWT2017 said:
I used this today on my personal lease. Absolutely fantastic service!!!
Would you mind sharing some more details? What sort of service/assistance did you require from them?
Certainly Sir!

I was having a major issue with pulling off either with Auto-Hold on or even just the handbrake on. The car would not automatically release and pull off. Brand new car too.

However, VW arranged via VW Driverline for the AA (who they work in conjunction with) to attend my property as they may have needed to tow the car. However, the AA gentleman took the vehicle out, wired it up to his VW equipment (£10k worth apparently :eek: ) and spoke to VW who confirmed there was no known faults with this in general.

He then offered to meet me after work (as I had left the car at home with the wife) to come out in the vehicle with me to show him what I had witnessed. He did this early evening even.

Nothing untoward ended up happening whilst we were out and the car appears to have corrected itself. The guy spent 30 - 40 minutes with me and gave me a lot of information in general about the car and things I did not know, along with answering any questions I have on any aspect of the vehicle.

It was very handy indeed, as I haven't had a VW before, let alone a new diesel.

Top service! :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Contacted Driverline today to activate the cover and was offered a 2 year service plan including pollen filters etc for £149.00 so being as the 1 year service as I understand it costs about £120.00 seems like a bargain to me!! The advisor did say that it was something new so wondered if anybody else has been offered this?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Raymondo111 said:
Contacted Driverline today to activate the cover and was offered a 2 year service plan including pollen filters etc for £149.00 so being as the 1 year service as I understand it costs about £120.00 seems like a bargain to me!! The advisor did say that it was something new so wondered if anybody else has been offered this?
Are you on PCH (leasing)? If so, then I didn't get any and will ask the question...

·
Registered
66 Posts
hmrc804 said:
Raymondo111 said:
Are you on PCH (leasing)? If so, then I didn't get any and will ask the question...
Yes, leased through VW Financial Services :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
hmrc804 said:
I just notice I'm on a 2 year/20000 miles long life service.. from the sticker on my top corner windscreen..
so how would that work lol
From what I understand all VAG Group cars are set to long life servicing by default, certainly my previous Seat Leon was but I had it changed to 1 year or 12500 miles, my lease is up to 8K per year but I probably won't hit that so may have to try getting VWFS to adjust it once the first year is up.

The fact that the default is set to 20K causes a lot of confusion with customers who assume that they can run the car up to 20K before a service is due but in reality it should be 12 months, I think the idea is to have the option for high mileage drivers who would probably do 20K in a year.

If any other Tiguan owners have a different understanding please let me know.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts