Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
The worrying bit is under Risks to you and if the claim is lost. The defendant costs can be claimed.
It says " Minimal risk to you". NB. Does not say No risk to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beagler said:
The worrying bit is under Risks to you and if the claim is lost. The defendant costs can be claimed.
It says " Minimal risk to you". NB. Does not say No risk to you.
What do you think the chance of VAG group winning, when they've admitted to the emissions fraud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
Miket said:
Beagler said:
The worrying bit is under Risks to you and if the claim is lost. The defendant costs can be claimed.
It says " Minimal risk to you". NB. Does not say No risk to you.
What do you think the chance of VAG group winning, when they've admitted to the emissions fraud
It will be required to prove the Uk owners have suffered loss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
207 Posts
The worry I would have is - if you were so dissatisfied with your VW why did you replace it with another VW. Not sure I would much of a defence against that argument.
Roy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
This is down to the government to impose fines, the customer hasn't lost anything and hard to argue a financial claim for "emissions". The only argument I would make is if the car's engine/economy suffers from the remap they put on to "fix" it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
627 Posts
c_w said:
This is down to the government to impose fines, the customer hasn't lost anything and hard to argue a financial claim for "emissions". The only argument I would make is if the car's engine/economy suffers from the remap they put on to "fix" it.
Whilst I agree with what you have said and personally I don't think there is much of a claim here to be had - it does also depend on whether or not the re-sale value of the car can be proved to have been affected by the bad publicity / emissions issue. So if you would have usually sold your car after two years for £15k and all of a sudden following this "scandal", the car would only sell for £12k, you have technically lost out on £3k - however proving that and showing enough data to prove that for similar cars to your, similar roadworthiness, condition, mileage etc - could be an issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Yea I would agree with that, but it's if that loss could be proved. And let's be honest VW have suffered the worst out of this as all manufacturers probably fudged the figures too, after all they all use compression ignition engines with similar engine tech (injectors/egr/dpf/scr/ecu) so how/why would one engine be so much worse than the other?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
c_w said:
Yea I would agree with that, but it's if that loss could be proved. And let's be honest VW have suffered the worst out of this as all manufacturers probably fudged the figures too, after all they all use compression ignition engines with similar engine tech (injectors/egr/dpf/scr/ecu) so how/why would one engine be so much worse than the other?
I dont think a shoplifter in court would would be allowed to mitigate that others have shoplifted too so why blame me. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
I'm not saying they haven't done anything "wrong" just that VW seemed to be the ones picked up on first and it snowballed from there. And "VW" will include AUDI, Skoda and SEAT as they share the same engines [but never get mentioned!].

Fiat, GM, Mitsubishi, Mercedes etc were/are all at it. Fiat had their emission controls to last 22minutes of driving (the EU emission test cycle is 20mins).

"Opel's affected diesel vehicles shut off all emissions controls at ambient temperatures below 20C (68F), or above 30C (86F), or at speeds over 145 km/h (90 mph), or engine speeds more than 2400 RPM, or at elevations higher than 850 meters (roughly 2800 feet). "
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
463 Posts
c_w said:
I'm not saying they haven't done anything "wrong" just that VW seemed to be the ones picked up on first and it snowballed from there. And "VW" will include AUDI, Skoda and SEAT as they share the same engines [but never get mentioned!].

Fiat, GM, Mitsubishi, Mercedes etc were/are all at it. Fiat had their emission controls to last 22minutes of driving (the EU emission test cycle is 20mins).

"Opel's affected diesel vehicles shut off all emissions controls at ambient temperatures below 20C (68F), or above 30C (86F), or at speeds over 145 km/h (90 mph), or engine speeds more than 2400 RPM, or at elevations higher than 850 meters (roughly 2800 feet). "
Good points. VW were first bcause some guys messing about tested them I think and then the brown stuff hit the whirly thing.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top