Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't get a clear answer from VW so I thought I'll see if anyone can help

My BiTDi 240 will be three years old in August. I'm looking at all my options such as keeping it or changing it for something else. To help with the calculation I'm trying to find out about extended warranty costs. Warranty Wise quoted £650 for a year's cover and I know if they don't hear from you they contact you with a cheaper offer.

However, the VW all-in service plan sounds attractive and their online example quotes a guide of £833.

As my car is not three years old until August VW won't tell me! They won't even give me a ballpark figure.

Has anyone gone down this route after 3 years if so how much did VW charge you?

If I can get the all-in-one for under a grand for two years I would keep the car despite it being worth more than I paid at present lol!!

·
Registered
365 Posts
From the breakdown of costs on the All In page on VWs site All-in Service Plan & Warranty | Volkswagen UK it says that 2 years warranty has an RRP of £833, so for one year, it will probably be about half that as a rough ball park. Interesting that 2 years warranty alone is exactly the same as the cost of the All In package?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Before this allin1 came out I took extended warranty on my mk1, this was £277 a year. I could not get a quote until the last month when the manufactures was due to expire.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi, VW all in at £34 a month over a two year period is the way to go. I have a 2018 R line BiTdi 240 on this plan. X2 services, x2 mots, 2 year warranty and breakdown cover.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, VW all in at £34 a month over a two year period is the way to go. I have a 2018 R line BiTdi 240 on this plan. X2 services, x2 mots, 2 year warranty and breakdown cover.
Thanks for the replies. Alistair - how soon after your 3-year warranty expired did VW quote you?

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Before this allin1 came out I took extended warranty on my mk1, this was £277 a year. I could not get a quote until the last month when the manufactures was due to expire.
Yes, that’s what I have on my mk2, and this year was also £277, which is why I’m not sure where VW say their All-in-one plan is saving you £833 for 2 years worth of warranty, whereas their ‘All Component Cover’ warranty which I have works out at £554🤔. What am I missing here?. What does the All-in one warranty cover that mine doesn’t, if anything?

Steve

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,585 Posts
Actually, having just read through an explanation on the website of what is covered with the All-in-one warranty, it seems to be a pretty much exact copy of whats covered in my All Component Cover warranty. It would seem that VW might be, once again, ‘stretching the truth’ a little with their £833 claim😏

Steve

Reactions: AnastieByte

·
Registered
515 Posts
I don't know how much difference there would be between mk1 and mk2 but VW extended warranty on our mk1 was around £350/yr. The cost varies depending on level of cover, mileage and excess. My cost was top level cover, no excess and 15K miles. The price is discounted (I think it's 20%, but not sure) if you take the cover straight from the 3yr warranty (£350 is the discounted price)

The thing with the All In warranty is there doesn't seem to be any excess or mileage limit and the cover looks pretty extensive (although the acid test is making a claim).

We have All In on both Tiguan (just managed to scrape in under 6yrs old) and Ateca. It's quite interesting if you look at the relevant pages the various VAG marques that they break out the cost of various parts of All In very differently.

Make sure you get the All In eligibility check done before car is 3yrs old - ideally as part of the car's 3yr service - had a mess up with the Ateca as it we paid for 5yr factory warranty but the dealer "forgot" to apply it. So the All In check was done late and the car miserably failed. Bit of back and forth but the dealer did sort it out - was a lot of hassle though.

Some dealers are apparently also insisting that all the "optional" service items, brake fluid, Haldex, sunroof and even a/c sometimes are completed before All In is applied. Our Tiguan's "free" major service at 6yrs old actually cost over £200 with Haldex, brake fluid (which should really have been done the previous year but as the first one was at 3yrs I thought it was every 3yrs). They didn't insist on the a/c being done but it's never been done before and it has the cheaper gas so wasn't a bad price.

In summary, if you want an extended warranty and you're going to continue with dealer servicing, then All In seems a no-brainer.

Reactions: AnastieByte

·
Registered
24 Posts
To be honest, I didn’t apply for the All In 2 year extended warranty till the car was nearly four years old….the LP turbo going bang and the cost to rectify it persuaded me to procure the extended warranty!…..lesson learnt!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts