Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just washed my car today and opened the bonnet after ,to dry up the excess and was surprised at the lack of body colour paint under the bonnet .
There is hardly any cladding and under the bonnet is now a shade of dark grey as is the inner part of the front wings which never used to be that way .

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm not joking. Every kg makes a difference trying to get emissions down and dropping the weight improving economy, handling and ride. less paint and no clear coat under the bonnet, around boot lid and numerous other places will add up to some good savings

·
Registered
339 Posts
Bigal said:
Just washed my car today and opened the bonnet after ,to dry up the excess and was surprised at the lack of body colour paint under the bonnet .
There is hardly any cladding and under the bonnet is now a shade of dark grey as is the inner part of the front wings which never used to be that way .
Should take a look under the bonnet of a Kia Sportage! :shock: ........textured body coloured overspray everywhere which is shocking on a £30k car. At least VW make a neat job of the paint in obscured areas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts