Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Did your cars come with details of the above and if so in what form please? I've got nothing in mine, either in the wallet with the manual or on its own in the glove box.

Also, out of curiousity, was your sat-nav (for those who have it) set up or did you have to do it yourself? I got a bit of a shock when I pressed the Nav button and nothing happened only to find the SD card still sealed in its case in the glove box. Not a big deal but something I would have expected to have been done pre-delivery.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Hi my car came with booklet ref Roadside assistance ,then I got letter from the AA . Regards Sat-Nav mine was in the car ready to go , but it's my second new car in 14 months so it may be the salesman who did it, last car came with SD sat-nav card installed as well

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PBB3 said:
Hi my car came with booklet ref Roadside assistance ,then I got letter from the AA . Regards Sat-Nav mine was in the car ready to go , but it's my second new car in 14 months so it may be the salesman who did it, last car came with SD sat-nav card installed as well
Thanks, I'm getting the impression that mine was rushed through the pdi as the salesman admitted they had forgotten it was a bank holiday on Monday before my Tuesday pm pick up which gave then less time. Just wondering what else might not have been done if that is the case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
sistig said:
PBB3 said:
Thanks, I'm getting the impression that mine was rushed through the pdi as the salesman admitted they had forgotten it was a bank holiday on Monday before my Tuesday pm pick up which gave then less time. Just wondering what else might not have been done if that is the case.
One thing to definitely check was something I found in my car after pickup. Rather worryingly, I realised after driving the car for a couple of days that the passenger air-bag was deactivated. As soon as I realised this I activated it (easy to do with the car key with the passenger door open), and it's status is highlighted at the top of the dash near the hazard button, but still something I would have expected to be enabled during PDI.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
MBS said:
sistig said:
PBB3 said:
One thing to definitely check was something I found in my car after pickup. Rather worryingly, I realised after driving the car for a couple of days that the passenger air-bag was deactivated. As soon as I realised this I activated it (easy to do with the car key with the passenger door open), and it's status is highlighted at the top of the dash near the hazard button, but still something I would have expected to be enabled during PDI.
Good thought, will check this, thanks.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just had a look at the app to see if it had moved on from in transit now that I actually have the car. I resorted to setting up a differently named car and putting in the new reg and it found the car. Having then gone through the app (and this is where it is relevant to this thread) there is a section on roadside assistance including the contact number so providing I have my phone with me (invariably do) I will have all I need. I expect some of you knew this already but thought it worth mentioning for those that don't.

·
Registered
555 Posts
How long is the road side assistance valid for. Is it only a year or does it cover the 3 years of the warranty?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hartside said:
How long is the road side assistance valid for. Is it only a year or does it cover the 3 years of the warranty?
Only one year, further years may be added for a fee ........

G

·
My sales operative made a big fuss of opening the case with satnav card in and inserting in the right slot. Said it was to demonstrate it was new and not out dated.

My passenger air bag was also switched off. Perhaps they always are?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Matchbox said:
My sales operative made a big fuss of opening the case with satnav card in and inserting in the right slot. Said it was to demonstrate it was new and not out dated.

My passenger air bag was also switched off. Perhaps they always are?
Which is the right slot? I put mine in the left-hand "fast" one - or do you mean it should be in the right-hand slot ? :D

It appears my passenger air-bag was on.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Ref AA cover I get cover with my Building Society for all uk needs, plus European break down and home recovery . BUT VW sent a reminder letter with a large discount on cover if you take out 2yr , it was offered on my Touran , I am sure it will be the same on Tiguan for owners wishing to take it out AA cover

·
Registered
555 Posts
PBB3 said:
Ref AA cover I get cover with my Building Society for all uk needs, plus European break down and home recovery . BUT VW sent a reminder letter with a large discount on cover if you take out 2yr , it was offered on my Touran , I am sure it will be the same on Tiguan for owners wishing to take it out AA cover
Interesting, will see how much the extra year costs, could be interested

·
Registered
28 Posts
sistig said:
Hi all,

Did your cars come with details of the above and if so in what form please? I've got nothing in mine, either in the wallet with the manual or on its own in the glove box.

Also, out of curiousity, was your sat-nav (for those who have it) set up or did you have to do it yourself? I got a bit of a shock when I pressed the Nav button and nothing happened only to find the SD card still sealed in its case in the glove box. Not a big deal but something I would have expected to have been done pre-delivery.
I got a letter in the post a couple of weeks after delivery to confirm details of roadside assistance. Had to call a number to set this up. All details were in the letter.

Regarding the SatNav, my SD card was also sealed and in the glove box. Easy fit, so was not that bothered. Agreed, it should have been done pre-delivery.

Thought it was just because mine is a lease so they were less bothered to sort everything out.

·
Registered
515 Posts
sistig said:
Hartside said:
Only one year, further years may be added for a fee ........
After a SEAT a few years ago that had 5yrs cover, and our Mercedes, Honda and Mitsubishi that are all covered for 3yrs initially, and then renewed "free" with each dealer service, I was gobsmacked that VW only gives a year cover.

I wonder who is making money out of this - the Mitusbishi dealer told me they pay £20 for the pan-European Mitsubishi Assistance Package renewal. It's hard to imagine that VW doesn't get a better deal than that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mrslow said:
sistig said:
Hi all,

I got a letter in the post a couple of weeks after delivery to confirm details of roadside assistance. Had to call a number to set this up. All details were in the letter.

Regarding the SatNav, my SD card was also sealed and in the glove box. Easy fit, so was not that bothered. Agreed, it should have been done pre-delivery.

Thought it was just because mine is a lease so they were less bothered to sort everything out.
Does everyone get a letter from the AA, I've had my car 7 weeks now and haven't received anything from them. Does it mean my Roadside Assistance isn't active!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I didn't get anything from the AA, but I did have something in my pack of stuff from the dealer about "Driverline" and to 'activate' it today (as in the day of pick up). I think that's the equivalent to the breakdown as I am personal contract hiring the car. When I called to activate it, a week later, they told me that they couldn't do it just yet as the information had not come through yet from VWFS regarding the hire but they have taken my details ready.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Budgie said:
Mrslow said:
sistig said:
Hi all,

Does everyone get a letter from the AA, I've had my car 7 weeks now and haven't received anything from them. Does it mean my Roadside Assistance isn't active!
It was from VW driveline not the AA. I would say that your roadside is not active until this is sorted. Speak to your dealership.

·
Registered
41 Posts
You get one year as standard with all VW Cars. It will be covered from date of registration, as they can check on the system.

Its £89 for one year and £145 for 2 years currently, on a rolling renewal.

This is great value if you consider it is the equivalent to the Max cover you can get from the AA/RAC with full Relay, Home Start, Hire car and European cover.

You also get Dedicated Technicians that carry the dealers diagnostic equipment and can fit warranty parts.

http://www.roadsidecover.com/volkswagen

·
Registered
627 Posts
If Personal Contract Hiring, I believe the Roadside Assistance covers the period of the hiring.

·
Registered
515 Posts
davidfxs said:
Its £89 for one year and £145 for 2 years currently, on a rolling renewal.

This is great value if you consider it is the equivalent to the Max cover you can get from the AA/RAC with full Relay, Home Start, Hire car and European cover.
Hmmm.... it's not great value if you consider that many other manufacturers give at least 3yrs cover at no cost.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts