Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, just had an e-mail from VW letting me know it's getting close to my first service and offering me: "An affordable way to service your car from only £15.99 a month.". The offer includes an oil service, and an oil and inspection service, paid over 18 months or for a single payment of £287.82 so long as I take out the plan before the car is a year old.

Just curious if this is a deal worth snapping up?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Go on your local dealers website and look for their fixed price servicing. Compare the price to see if it does save you. I had this, and the individual prices from my local dealer worked out £30 to £40 cheaper paid when due.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Don't sound that good to me.....my thoughts

·
Registered
627 Posts
I lease (personal contract hire) my Tiguan. I pay only an extra £13 per month to get me two annual services (in my two year deal) and maintenance. I expect if you shop around you will get something cheaper than what you have been quoted.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I got offered £149 for two years servicing this week, not sure if it's a new offer or not

·
Registered
485 Posts
snailofsatan said:
I got offered £149 for two years servicing this week, not sure if it's a new offer or not
I signed up for this deal too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
seems like a good deal, i'm not sure what it would cost if you just paid as each one came along?

·
Registered
207 Posts
The £149 for two services is very very good value. I don't understand why VW, if offer came from them and not dealership, is offering the same deal at two different prices. Ie. £149 and £288.
The fixed price servicing is for cars over three years old and shows values of £164 and £329 for 10000/20000 mile services. I assume under warranty the costs will be similar or possible greater. I am guessing that this price is more attractive to attract customers with vehicles out of warranty.
The cost of £13 for PCH would be payable over 24 months and would be £312.
Therefore it seems to me that the £288 is very good, but the £149 is exceptional.
Cheers
Roy

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have the £149 for 2 services offer, as I understood it, its part of the VW PCP Finance deal.

·
Registered
555 Posts
lagerorwine said:
I have the £149 for 2 services offer, as I understood it, its part of the VW PCP Finance deal.
Same here and it was part of the PCP offer. I got it thrown in with the deal I struck, making sure they wouldn't retract the service offer when I paid the finance off the next day

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hartside said:
lagerorwine said:
Same here and it was part of the PCP offer. I got it thrown in with the deal I struck, making sure they wouldn't retract the service offer when I paid the finance off the next day
I did the same, going to paying off the finance within a week or two, will have to see if it was a good move or not !!
:roll:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Ned said:
Hartside said:
lagerorwine said:
I did the same, going to paying off the finance within a week or two, will have to see if it was a good move or not !!
:roll:
Ned, they charge £3.99 per day in interest, not a huge amount but just to bear in mind. Dead easy, phoned them, they asked if I wanted their bank account info over the phone or emailed. Got the email with payment details and sum outstanding within 3 mins of the call. Online bank payment made and a quick call to confirm they had received the money.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hi Hartside,

That's what they told me happens, now I know for sure.

Many thanks ;)

·
Registered
555 Posts
I was a bit concerned and didn't think it would be as easy as it was Ned . Turned out to be really straightforward, nowt to worry about

1 - 14 of 14 Posts