Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Thought i would share my pics of the Tig, which i got today.
Looks and Drives amazing. Only drove it home, so been having a play etc.
Pretty big car compared to my Audi A3 65 Reg but love the size and ride height.
I would easily recommend the R line, Stunning.
I will post more as i get used to the car etc but here are the pics.

You will also see ive taken a few pics of the Ambient lightning which is really effective, specially when its fully dark, its on the doors, foot wells and around the sun roof which is effective.

Any questions or if you want to know more just ask away.

Cheers
Matt
PS ignore the picture of me, i look about 10 but im 24 really. Prob one of the Youngest Tig owners im guessing.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks awesome. My estimated build week of the same car has moved forward to week 43 so getting slightly nearer. I took the wife shopping in Birmingham today and popped in the vw there and they had an r line in the showroom so spent a good 20 mins messing around in it. Certainly will keep me going

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hey Matt, that looks cool man :cool: :cool: ......Thanks for posting the pics, 'enjoy' :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
Lovely car, happy motoring. I am build week 46 fingers crossed I'll have mine before Xmas .

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Matt24 I have noticed the "B" prefix in your registration, are you from the West Midlands or did you purchase your Tiguan from a Midlands VW Dealer?.........nice R-Line BTW, did you choose any factory options? My wife has just ordered a white R-Line be it hers is a 190ps however we are still deliberating over the Vienna leather option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very nice, cant wait for mine to arrive :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks great!
What engine did you spec, and which white is it?

Mines is due in a few weeks and was wondering what it was like to drive?
I've gone for the 150bhp, so I'm curious if yours is the same

Cheers
Stevo

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GTD184 said:
Hi Matt24 I have noticed the "B" prefix in your registration, are you from the West Midlands or did you purchase your Tiguan from a Midlands VW Dealer?.........nice R-Line BTW, did you choose any factory options? My wife has just ordered a white R-Line be it hers is a 190ps however we are still deliberating over the Vienna leather option.
Hi GTD184,
Yes from Tamworth West Mids - I was in two minds about the Vienna Leather but i decided i didn't want the full leather and I'm pleased I didn't. I like the mix.
Like the ACC but the lane assist i will need to get used too.
Surprising its actually pretty smooth on the 20" alloys too.
When you expecting yours?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stevo1664 said:
Looks great!
What engine did you spec, and which white is it?

Mines is due in a few weeks and was wondering what it was like to drive?
I've gone for the 150bhp, so I'm curious if yours is the same

Cheers
Stevo
Hi Steve, I had 2 litre 150bhp and i had the Pure White.
Ive drove around 80 miles so far. It was pretty nice Drive, very smooth on the 20" alloys and looks a beast on the road :)
Now the Pure White, is pretty much what it says. I thinks its brill colour and I don't think its worth the extra for the other white. Great purchase :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Matt24 said:
Hi GTD184,
Yes from Tamworth West Mids - I was in two minds about the Vienna Leather but i decided i didn't want the full leather and I'm pleased I didn't. I like the mix.
Like the ACC but the lane assist i will need to get used too.
Surprising its actually pretty smooth on the 20" alloys too.
When you expecting yours?
So you purchased from Johnsons?

I did try Johnsons for placing my wife's R-Line order but they were not competitive. In the end she placed her order with Listers in Stratford Upon Avon.

The leather debate is still out for decision as I like the idea of the electric memory seats, the look and smell along with the robust, easy cleaning characteristics of leather. However my 2 teenage daughters are highlighting the fact that leather is cold in the winter and hot and sticky in the summer, so we have that to consider! :roll:

We have put a holding deposit on a R-Line but have yet to confirm the final spec but as it is like to be a January build car we will probably hold out until delivery on 1st March.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah that's right. I got a real good deal on my R Line. Went through car wow first and then even more in the shop.
Yeah my exact words. Sticky in the summer, cold in the winter. But mainly cold all the time lol.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Storm grey Vienna for my R line with heated seats :D less sticky in summer and warmed in winter :D

·
Registered
339 Posts
Matt24 said:
Yeah that's right. I got a real good deal on my R Line.
Who was your sales person?.......Sarah Gibson? I had a Carwow quote of her at 8.5% which was the lowest out of the 5 I had!

In referencing your Tiguan, the white colour really does accentuate the R-Line's design and style and does turn heads :cool: :p which has good and bad points! :| Indium Grey is a nice colour on all models, in particular R-Line as it is a colour that is quite discreet.

·
Registered
339 Posts
JonP said:
Storm grey Vienna for my R line with heated seats :D less sticky in summer and warmed in winter :D
I need to know your secret for "less sticky" leather seats in the summer! :lol:........it would make my wife's decision so much easier! :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts