Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought i would post this to give others ideas on time scales etc on the process of getting the Tiguan.
Ive ordered just a VW Tiguan R Line White 2 litre Diesel.

My car has finally arrived in the UK. The R line is getting closer to Birmingham.

The live tracker still says its waiting etc, id ignore it. It actually got on the Ship this weekend and arrived in Grimsby at 01:15am this morning on the Schelde Highway Ship. I wasn't even looking at that ship.

The journey process:
Order placed at VW: 09th August.
Build Start: 12th September
Build Finish: 14th September
Train to Emden: 15th September
Arrived in Emden: 19th September
Boarded ship: 24th September
Arrived in UK by Schelde Highways : 26th September 01:15am

Now waiting for Journey to Tamworth, West Midlands.

Hope this helps with peoples time scales etc and what to sorter expect.

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the info, very useful. Where do i go to find the lower level detail re tracking my order? All I'm using is the VW track my order website which doesnt give the level of detail you've got, unless I'm missing something.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Blancoroc, You can speak with VW live chat or your dealer which can give you a better. The Online tracker in my opinion is pretty useless because it never updates correctly. So don't rely on the tracker. When did you order yours?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ordered yesterday, being told to expect delivery in Jan! That's a long wait!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
~dadam02~ said:
Ordered yesterday, being told to expect delivery in Jan! That's a long wait!
It all depends on your dealer if im honest, because sometimes they have slots available etc and if you go to big branch with loads of branches throughout the UK, you can normally get a decent wait but i kinder expect your delivery date will move forward. Early Christmas present i say.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Matt24 said:
Hi Blancoroc, You can speak with VW live chat or your dealer which can give you a better. The Online tracker in my opinion is pretty useless because it never updates correctly. So don't rely on the tracker. When did you order yours?
Ahhh makes sense, thanks will pick up with VW / dealer. I only ordered it 2 weeks ago but it was an 'unallocated' car that had already been produced (dont know if that means its a cancelled order or not?) and it should arrive at the dealers today /tomorrow so hopefully picking it up Friday, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blancoroc said:
Matt24 said:
Ahhh makes sense, thanks will pick up with VW / dealer. I only ordered it 2 weeks ago but it was an 'unallocated' car that had already been produced (dont know if that means its a cancelled order or not?) and it should arrive at the dealers today /tomorrow so hopefully picking it up Friday, fingers crossed.
Great News. Which spec did you have? Hopefully see pictures soon too :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Matt24 said:
Blancoroc said:
Matt24 said:
Great News. Which spec did you have? Hopefully see pictures soon too :)
SEL 4Motion 150 in Indium Grey, cant wait!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhh makes sense, thanks will pick up with VW / dealer. I only ordered it 2 weeks ago but it was an 'unallocated' car that had already been produced (dont know if that means its a cancelled order or not?) and it should arrive at the dealers today /tomorrow so hopefully picking it up Friday, fingers crossed.[/quote]

Great News. Which spec did you have? Hopefully see pictures soon too :)[/quote]

SEL 4Motion 150 in Indium Grey, cant wait![/quote]

Great, im sure your going to love it, Post some pics when you get it :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Great choice 'matt24'......SEL + Indium Grey :D Still waiting for mine :roll:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ordered mine 19th July and as far as I know (VW live chat state build tracker is down) it is still in Emden and has been since the 10th Sept, tried calling dealer but they are next to useless with information...getting a little p'd off as obviously want new car and need to get rid of my current Audi.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JBS2472 said:
Ordered mine 19th July and as far as I know (VW live chat state build tracker is down) it is still in Emden and has been since the 10th Sept, tried calling dealer but they are next to useless with information...getting a little p'd off as obviously want new car and need to get rid of my current Audi.
Your pain is worse than mine. Hopefully you'll get it soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
JBS2472 said:
I believe we have the same build week (36), and the same story from the dealer; as of the 29/06, it might be on a boat, but it still says it's at Emden

Sigh :roll:

·
Registered
135 Posts
gingerwhinger said:
JBS2472 said:
I believe we have the same build week (36), and the same story from the dealer; as of the 29/06, it might be on a boat, but it still says it's at Emden

I also tried Twitter and they are coming back to me tomorrow.

The ship 'Emden' doesn't actually state it came from Emden docks, but I am sure someone said it had but can't find the info as that still hasn't docked yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
JBS2472 said:
gingerwhinger said:
JBS2472 said:

I also tried Twitter and they are coming back to me tomorrow.

The ship 'Emden' doesn't actually state it came from Emden docks, but I am sure someone said it had but can't find the info as that still hasn't docked yet.
Yeah, I had the same response on Twitter. When I tried chat this morning, their systems were down (some valves must have overheated, or the hamster died).

I noticed that the 'Emden' says it came out of Portugal, but it was definitely docked at Emden port for a couple days (yes, I am that sad). Currently it's just sitting off the Kent coast laughing at us.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just a word of advice for everyone?
When I contacted my dealer regarding my Tig, which was originally sat at Emden for nearly 2 weeks he said due to the new 66 reg coming out they get back logs and they sit a lot longer at Emden than usual.
I asked my dealer if I ordered my TSI now how long would it take, and he said there is a 6 month backlog now a TSI version.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Matt24 said:
stumpy said:
Great choice 'matt24'......SEL + Indium Grey :D Still waiting for mine :roll:
What's the status of yours?
Hi Matt24..... I was on build wk 38...on the tracker it shows 'In Transit' still. My status 'Waiting patiently' :roll: :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 904 Posts