Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well need some help I've a 14 Tiguan with a panoramic roof and when it rains heavy it comes into the inside of the car I've seen where the drain off can get blocked but this is fine and just incase I smothered it with window sealer in my case just the water can't get away fast enough has anyone ever came across this before I had thought it mite be the rubber seal from the roof to the panoramic glass but it's driving me mad did anyone ever see this before or no anyone that might be able to help me
Automotive tire Hood Window Wood Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Window

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Bumper

Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Car Automotive lighting Grille

Vehicle White Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
880 Posts
I’m not sure how it works on the MK 1 Tiguans but on the MK 2s they’re pretty notorious for the drainage channels getting blocked and them leaking because of this. Could this be an issue on your car?

Reactions: pcorcoran62

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was told by a dealer that if the car is parked on an incline and/ or the rubber channel has any resistance or blockage, water can build up on one side more during heavy rain and come in.

This was during a visit where I had to dig deep to fix a cracked leaking forward tube.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Mine's a 4 and a bit year old mkii. Never had any issue with leaking. I would think it partly depends where you mostly park. Under trees for example exposes the car to sticky substances which could get into drainage channels. I suppose cleaning might be a factor as well but I'm a bung it through the car wash type. I've never once washed and polished the car myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cable Gas Flooring Electrical wiring Wood

Hi lads thanks for all ur comments I have still not got to the bottom of my problem I'm thinking it's the panoramic roof frame now anyone ever seen this happen I found a video on YouTube that is what is happening on my Tiguan
Thanks so much

·
Super Moderator
3,111 Posts
I am sure your have more luck on the Mk 1 Tiguan forum as this forum is for the Mk2 version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.