Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 4 month old VW Tiguan SE Nav (Automatic) (Paid £34,000) , while I was driving home from work I noticed a sign on my dashboard stating "your passinger protection has been restricted" (well this is what it looked like to me as many of you tiguan owners have probaly noticed, every time a message comes up its gone before you have chnace to read it properly).

Has anybody experienced this problem? if so whats your suggestions? :?

Thanks
Carly

·
Registered
352 Posts
This seems to be Proactive occupant protection system:

Basic functions

Depending on country-specific legal requirements and also on the vehicle equipment level, the following functions may be initiated, either singularly or jointly, in critical situations (e.g. emergency braking or over or understeering) from a speed of approximately 30 km/h (18 mph):

Temporary tensioning of the fastened front seat belts.

Automatic closing of the side windows and the glass roof down to a gap.

Additional information for vehicles with an area monitoring system (Front Assist)

In vehicles fitted with the area monitoring system (Front Assist) → Area monitoring system (Front Assist) incl. City Emergency Brake   , the probability of a collision with the vehicle ahead is also calculated within the system limits. The system can trigger the proactive occupant protection system if it detects a probable collision with the vehicle ahead.

Function limitations

The proactive occupant protection system will not be available, or will only be available to a limited extent, in the following situations:

- When the TCS or ESC are switched off, and when the vehicle is reversing → Brake support systems  .

- If there is a fault in the ESC, belt tensioner or in the airbag control unit → Seat belts  or → Airbag system  .

- The temporary tensioning for the front passenger seat is switched off if the front passenger front airbag is deactivated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.