Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recieved an email from VW (not my dealer), saying "it's been a long time since we heard from you, do you still own your Volkswagen Golf".
I don't know who's in charge of their customer records, but I would respectfully suggest they find them another position........making the tea maybe! ;)

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same email. Ordered new Tiguan in Jan, had Mk 1 Tiguan serviced by main dealer less than a month ago and spoke with VW just a week ago; don't know how much more they want to hear from me!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Still getting invitations to service a car we traded in to the same dealer around 6 years back. Surely they must have a record of the subsequent owner?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Tricky said:
Still getting invitations to service a car we traded in to the same dealer around 6 years back. Surely they must have a record of the subsequent owner?
Not if he hasn't got it serviced by them.

Thing is nowadays, unless you ask to be removed from a system, it will just remain as a saved record and an automated reminder will be issued each time it comes up for anything. Technically they should only be keeping information that is relevant and up to date (Data protection), but you will find old records on most systems still purely for marketing.

·
Registered
88 Posts
New regulations next year (GDPR) will make companies have a far better approach to their customer data or they could be fined up to 4% of their gross global revenues!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts