1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive mirror Mode of transport Car

Grey Silver Denim Rectangle Material property

Good evening,

I have a 2020 Tiguan Allspace 2.0 TSI which I have since new. I currently have an issue with the drivers seat stitching on the leather. My dealer advised me the seat is not covered under warranty. I escalated the issue to VW UK and they advised it’s wear and tear. Wear and tear warranty lasts 6 months or 6500 miles. My car has 14000 miles but I first noticed the issue about 6 months ago but waited until the service to notify the dealership. VWUK are not interested. I am very disappointed with VWUK. The dealership has offered to pay a contribution towards the drivers seat but I feel I should not have to pay any money towards it. I previously had a new 2016 Tiguan with the same drivers seat/material and that never had an issue.

I also have an issue with a rear parking sensor intermittently going off when nothing is there. The dealership have looked at the parking sensors twice but can’t find a problem. They have advised they cannot replace the sensor under warranty unless it faults with diagnostic equipment plugged in.

The dealership has agreed to take the car in again to do further tests.

I can go to the motor ombudsman man regarding the drivers seat but I don’t if I’m wasting my time.
Has anyone used the motor ombudsman before?

Warranty issues to date:
March 2020: no passenger side mat retaining lugs fitted on collection of the vehicle
April 2020: Boot failed to open/close. Electric boot motor was replaced under warranty
2021 first service: dealership eventually agreed to fit the passenger side floor mat retaining lugs after several discussions
March 2022 second service: Reported the car locking/unlocking when driving
Dealership reported an oil leak from the sump and an oil leak from the engine/gearbox area.
Drivers seat stitching was reported to the dealership.
Reported the intermittent rear parking sensor issue.
April 2022: Car returned to the dealership for further investigation. New sump gasket fitted. Gearbox removed and a new engine rear main seal was fitted.
Both rear door lock modules replaced.
Parking sensors sensitivity adjusted
Car was returned and I noticed a knocking noise when going over speed bumps. I found the under 3 bolts missing from the engine under tray.
Car was returned to the dealership to fit the missing bolts.
Photos attached

Any advise/suggestions welcome 🙏

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the same issue with parking sensors. Car went in yesterday for the third time. They have decided to tell me now, the issue is slight damage to the sensors from stone chips, and they are not covered under the warranty as it is an external factor.

Just had to pay £283 for the sensors replacing and recording to the car.

·
Registered
632 Posts
View attachment 9309
View attachment 9310
Good evening,

I have a 2020 Tiguan Allspace 2.0 TSI which I have since new. I currently have an issue with the drivers seat stitching on the leather. My dealer advised me the seat is not covered under warranty. I escalated the issue to VW UK and they advised it’s wear and tear. Wear and tear warranty lasts 6 months or 6500 miles. My car has 14000 miles but I first noticed the issue about 6 months ago but waited until the service to notify the dealership. VWUK are not interested. I am very disappointed with VWUK. The dealership has offered to pay a contribution towards the drivers seat but I feel I should not have to pay any money towards it. I previously had a new 2016 Tiguan with the same drivers seat/material and that never had an issue.

I also have an issue with a rear parking sensor intermittently going off when nothing is there. The dealership have looked at the parking sensors twice but can’t find a problem. They have advised they cannot replace the sensor under warranty unless it faults with diagnostic equipment plugged in.

The dealership has agreed to take the car in again to do further tests.

I can go to the motor ombudsman man regarding the drivers seat but I don’t if I’m wasting my time.
Has anyone used the motor ombudsman before?

Warranty issues to date:
March 2020: no passenger side mat retaining lugs fitted on collection of the vehicle
April 2020: Boot failed to open/close. Electric boot motor was replaced under warranty
2021 first service: dealership eventually agreed to fit the passenger side floor mat retaining lugs after several discussions
March 2022 second service: Reported the car locking/unlocking when driving
Dealership reported an oil leak from the sump and an oil leak from the engine/gearbox area.
Drivers seat stitching was reported to the dealership.
Reported the intermittent rear parking sensor issue.
April 2022: Car returned to the dealership for further investigation. New sump gasket fitted. Gearbox removed and a new engine rear main seal was fitted.
Both rear door lock modules replaced.
Parking sensors sensitivity adjusted
Car was returned and I noticed a knocking noise when going over speed bumps. I found the under 3 bolts missing from the engine under tray.
Car was returned to the dealership to fit the missing bolts.
Photos attached

Any advise/suggestions welcome 🙏
sorry to hear that, I have had none of those only 1 fault last year. One of the reasons i have not replaced is due to covid. 2020 /2021 build quality is not as it should be. I see caravans are very much the same.

I am waiting until 2024 for normalization.

I totally agree the seat should be fixed and paid for by VW.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts