Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Tig is scheduled for next week.
Tracker seems inaccurate/useless, live chat seems under pressure as its hardly available when I've tried, so perhaps we can help each other, by posting any progress we find from whatever sources there are?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah same build date 22/5/17 told to expect delivery 2nd week of July the tracker says build date unavailable

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tfh935 - I may sound stupid (as everyone else wants theirs asap) but I hope mine delivered that late, as I'm abroad till 26th June, so it would give me a bit of time to sell current car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
lagerorwine said:
tfh935 - I may sound stupid (as everyone else wants theirs asap) but I hope mine delivered that late, as I'm abroad till 26th June, so it would give me a bit of time to sell current car.
I think it takes about 4 weeks from build to get to the UK from what I have been reading

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just used 'Live Chat' who have confirmed (well possibly based on previous chats), that my car is at stage 7 of 8, final quality checks, and is MY17, as MY18 doesn't start till next week.

We shall see when it arrives. I don't know what information they have access to, but I wonder about the accuracy, as 2 weeks ago, they told me it would be MY18 with 'free headlamp washers'

Looks like it could be at dealers, before I get back to UK! :eek:

·
Registered
31 Posts
my build week confirmed week 21 so same as lagerorwine got hold of live chat apparently mine was built last week and is waiting shipping to the uk app still says waiting build :shock:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the fact there's only the two of us, and both appear to have been built before 22nd, perhaps we were build week 20 (and no-one told us)?

·
Registered
125 Posts
tfh935 said:
lagerorwine said:
I think it takes about 4 weeks from build to get to the UK from what I have been reading
It varies (a lot) from what I can gather. Mine was built 10th May and arrived at Sheerness on 21 May. Just waiting to hear from dealer as to when he's likely to see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I was advised on livechat yesterday that my w/c 22/5 build was complete yesterday, they estimated 4-6 weeks transit on average, not sure how accurate this is? :D

Tiguan 180tsi SEL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mine was confirmed as build week 21, emailed customer services as can never get live chat to work and tracker had not changed. They replied saying my car arrived at Emden on 23 May, so must have been build in week 20.

They also said this about order tracker;

The order tracker tool on our website is not a live feed and currently experiencing some issues which are been investigated, we hope to have the site working as normal in the very near future. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

·
Registered
48 Posts
tfh935 said:
Looks like we are all waiting for the same ship 😁
Do you know which port in the UK yours is going in too?

Mine will go in to the Port of Tyne in the holding area at South Shields which luckily is only 5 miles from my dealer.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine was bought from Hayseldens Doncaster, so I assume it via Grimsby. Tracker still shows - build week confirmed, even though it was apparently built by 22/5

·
Registered
48 Posts
lagerorwine said:
Mine was bought from Hayseldens Doncaster, so I assume it via Grimsby. Tracker still shows - build week confirmed, even though it was apparently built by 22/5
The tracher has just updated to show mine build in progress, even though customer services are saying it is at the docks waiting to be shipped.
Like I posted earlier even VW are admitting the tracker is not a live site and has issues.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have no idea which port it will go to but live chat says I have a 3 week lead time from Sunday so it looks like it's going to be earlier than originally thought 😎

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just had an email from VW, saying it's been despatched from factory.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Live chat confirmed today that mine is still waiting for a ship, looking at expected arrivals in the Port of Tyne this week there are two ships coming in so mine has to make one of them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
just been informed mine is in the uk waiting transport to my dealer lead time 7 to 10 days.not bad considering it is showing as build In progress :shock:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have been advised by Live Chat today that my car arrived in Grimsby on the 30th, waiting for a transporter to be allocated, the app still shows in build status for w/c 22/5, happy days...

Tiguan SEL 180tsi, Indium grey

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just had an email from dealer that my car has arrived in UK also.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts