Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very long winded below...
So we went in to sign for the car, so we thought.
When we got to the dealership it was raining, there was a 17 reg Car outside which I pointed out to my wife.
When we went into the dealership we saw the sales person who we had the appointment with.
She asked if we could check the car over to make sure we were happy with it before going any further.
So I replied yes. She then proceeded to take us out side to the car we had seen walking in.
I said I hope this is not our car as how can I be expected to check it over for any marks when it has been raining.
Shen then replied " well where to you expect me to put is "steve". I replied inside, she then replied we have no room.
So my wife and myself proceeded to check the car best we could.
Straight off I noticed the drivers kick plate was all scuffed and two very slight scratches in front of it.
Then my wife called me around to the boot sill, she had wiped the dirt away to show me a very slight scratch on it.
I did check the boot swipe wile I was there a few times and it worked fine.
When I pointed out the scratch on the back I had the reply of " so are you saying that you dont want the car because of this. I replied no thats not the case. I then replied that I would like the marks buffed out and the kick plates replaced, she wasnt to happy about this and said she would need to speak to the sales manager.
we all went inside and she went to get the sales manager, when he came down being sarcastic and belittling were not the words.
He did go on say buffing out the scratches wasnt really worth it but it would be done and he would try and get the plates replaced but you can expect marks because they are built by robots, I replied that the first cat was not marked, he then replied I beg to differ.
So your telling me that the first car was marked but we failed to see it.
"We dont treat the car with ostrich feathers you know when they come in".
I can give you a full refund as it wont be a problem for me to sell the car you know.
So you also telling me that the robots scuffed the scuff plate and the two slight marks in front rather than someone getting in and out.
In fact I was going to register the car to you today, but no, no I wont, I will only register the car to you when it has come back because of the last palaver.
No I wont register the car to you until then.
He went on to spout some more sarcastic comments which made us both feel uncomfortable an I was just moments of saying forget it and walking out, but I sat there.
He said because I will not register the car to you to you today (which is the reason we went in in the first place) he said to the sales person, bring it in here and you can "stick it" over there.
I dont think we are going to get the nice hand over like we did first off, just handed the keys and a good by until "we have to come back in" to get the scuff plates done.
To be honest we didnt want to say to much just in case he said, ok I would rather not sell it to you which we felt he was trying to get around to saying.
so there you go, not the best experience.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Indeed a very poor attitude from them. Can you tell me which dealership this was, we're in the process of selling up in Berkshire and returning to south Wales, just outside Llandeilo, so would be interested in dealerships to avoid.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I would tell them to stick it and find another VW dealership. With the problems you had before, you think they would of gone above & beyond. Just so sorry to hear you are being treated like this.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You should name and shame them and report them to head office 😡

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tricky said:
Indeed a very poor attitude from them. Can you tell me which dealership this was, we're in the process of selling up in Berkshire and returning to south Wales, just outside Llandeilo, so would be interested in dealerships to avoid.
Its Sinclair VW in Cardiff.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stumpy said:
I would tell them to stick it and find another VW dealership. With the problems you had before, you think they would of gone above & beyond. Just so sorry to hear you are being treated like this.
Problem is they hold all the dealerships right around us even a few miles away.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry to hear this Negativepitch.. The dealer sounds like a right cowboy with that attitude! After everything you've gone through too..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Go straight to VW about this attitude, I can't see them being very happy about it - not the image they want to project.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Got my car from Sinclair Vw Cardiff and they couldn't have been better ,every dealership has there off days .
Dealt with Samantha who I think has moved up now from a saleswoman but my car was inside and all clean and dry .
Dont think it's the biggest place to put many cars inside ,certainly not as big as some of our dealerships down south .
As for the scuff plates they are notorious for marking easily and what some people think is a scratch others wouldn't even notice but it doesn't sound like you've been treated very well at all .

·
Registered
103 Posts
V sorry to hear of this dealers poor attitude, not the experience that you would hope for.
I would take my business elsewhere! After all if they are like this with you pre-payment, what will they be like in 9 months time when you have warantee issues?
Draw a line under it and walk away.

However, playing devil's advicate here, and from their point of view...
If they are aware of all the palaver about the eagerly awaited RLines (for example on here!) then i am not at all surprised at their attitude. Someone else will snap that car up, perhaps even at a small discount, and it will be gone - tomorow I would guess? Brokers these days could have that car sold, and delivered anywhere in the country by the weekend.

Unfortunately I appears to me to be make your mind up time, take it or leave it?
As above, I would walk away. Primarily because of what is likely to come next, not the minor faults on the car before you.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bigal said:
Got my car from Sinclair Vw Cardiff and they couldn't have been better ,every dealership has there off days .
Dealt with Samantha who I think has moved up now from a saleswoman but my car was inside and all clean and dry .
Dont think it's the biggest place to put many cars inside ,certainly not as big as some of our dealerships down south .
As for the scuff plates they are notorious for marking easily and what some people think is a scratch others wouldn't even notice but it doesn't sound like you've been treated very well at all .
Our previous R line was spotless and we had an excellent service from them, even when we rejected it. so I would expect this car to be the same.

·
Registered
436 Posts
For a VW dealer to treat you like that is a discarace. Considering the issues you had with your previous order you think they would have taken extra care and inspected the car critically. Maybe they did and saw the faults and thought if the car was outside and wet you wouldn't notice. I know you have had to wait a long time for your replacement and you don't want to walk away again but I can imagine you probably wanted to tell them to stuff it, I know I would.

These sound like the same Sinclairs that I got my Carwow quote from and when phoned them they weren't interested in trading in my MK1, sounds to me like they are just car shifters and don't care about customer service. I would defiantly report this incident with VW UK customer services and ensure that you tell everybody local about the shocking experience so Sinclair feel some pain with lost custom.

Feeling your pain mate :x :x

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow absolutely shocking attitude to have.. Thing is they know how sought after these cars are so they will sell regardless which has u in a catch 22 situation.. My car was inside and prepped (not great tbf) but at least I could see it dry in the light.. I've since seen a few scratches 1 on rear passenger door and 2 at top edge of bonnet but as I done 150 miles in 2 days they could say it was me which it may be as I never noticed them at time of collection.. I'm waiting a few weeks and getting a full clay bar and hard wax treatment done so that should sort it for the summer

·
Registered
260 Posts
Absolutely terrible. Get straight on the phone to VW UK customer service and tell them everything. Dealers should not get away with treating customers like that. They can't do anything with the car (i.e sell it) unless you pull out. Play hard ball and leave the dealer contact you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have had very poor experiences of Sinclair VW and Sinclair SEAT when looking to buy cars from them. Their sales people were really arrogant on a number of occasions, very "take it or leave it" in terms of pricing and part exchange. Needless to say, we bought our cars elsewhere and saved literally thousands of £s buying from another VAG dealer via CarFile.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Vw will ask you to complete a customer satisfaction survey. There's your opportunity.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Beagler said:
Vw will ask you to complete a customer satisfaction survey. There's your opportunity.
While I would give negative feedback on the survey, the results of these will be aggregated by a computer somewhere and used for management reports. If you want any meaningful result you need to make a complaint to an actual human, you'll get much better results this way

·
Registered
463 Posts
Bought 3 new Vag cars and all the salespersons were paranoid about me filling in the survey and more importantly giving them "excellent" for all answers. As its in writing maybe it carries more weight and goes higher than any call answerer or local sales manager. You would always do both anyway.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.