Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently awaiting my R Line to be built and getting a bit troubled about the "What don't we like?" thread reaching 14 pages! :lol:

So... What DO we absolutely love about the Tiguan? Is there anything that you like that you maybe didn't think about when ordering? Nice surprises etc.

Restore my faith in putting an order in folks!

:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Overall I am very impressed with my Tiguan which I collected in July. Some of the things I like most are:

R line exterior for me gives the Tiguan an improved look and presence (personal opinion)
Dynamic LED lights are fantastic
Active Info Display, to be able to customise the display to have the info you want
ACC especially on longer motorway journeys but also useful on other roads
Sliding back seats to give you some more space in the boot when needed
Electric tailgate, auto closing function and foot swipe opening
Panoramic sunroof which makes the interior lighter and gives the feeling of more room. The LED interior lighting down the sides of it at night time is a nice touch as well.
Heated steering wheel just adds to the comfort of the heated seats
Grown to love the HUD with the information it displays, especially when driving on the motorway (sign recognition, nav guide, lane assist)
Driving assist, the resistance from the steering wheel when changing lane without indicating as if the car is saying do you really want to change lane
Park assist, parallel and diagonal (forward and reversing). Useful as well for leaving a tight parking space
Car Net for the petrol station feature giving cost and distance from and the car park feature letting you know cost and and how many free parking spaces

The MQB Tiguan has really grown on me and to be honest I have no real dislikes at this stage of ownership.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Mine is a standard 150 tdi R line 4motion dsg.

- glass roof that opens
- active info display
- sliding rear seats
- led lights (underfoot and doors and roof)
- led dynamic headlights
- it comes with spare wheel
- convenience locking with windows
- ACC
- lane assist
- tri zone climate control
- head rest (how it can extend out towards your head)
- heated seats (its my first time)
- SD card to play mp3 and not just USB
- car net - not really figured out the usefulness of it yet

to be honest, the mpg isn't great (my old car did real life 50 mpg), this one is 39 mpg from 3 fill ups so far.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Electric tailgate, Leather electric memory seat heated (couldn't live without it now, with my wife & I swapping around)
Panoramic sunroof, The LED interior lighting down the sides & roof-line at night time is a nice touch as well as the footwell lights, puddle lights, coming home & going out headlights....
Park assist, parallel and diagonal (forward and reversing). Ditto as above....Useful as well for leaving tight parking spaces. Reversing camera (brilliant for hitching up to the caravan when on my own)......And electric swivel tow bar, neatly parked away with the electric pin/socket built in....... :oops: to say I still make excuses to go out, best car I have owned :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Virtually everything mentioned above plus Ergo seats on SEL - the most comfortable I have had and the massage function is surprisingly useful on long journeys.
The outdoor (off road pack) transforms its ability on rough ground and in my view looks better than an R Line (sorry all you proud R liners)
The ACC and virtual cockpit that everyone loves plus
The 190 TDI engine so much more powerful than my previous Audi A4 Allroad 190 and so much better mpg - I get 45mpg plus on long runs
All in all the best car that I have had

·
Registered
176 Posts
The way it looks. Had been an Audi family for a good while and never thought I'd go back to a vw but the second I saw an r line was the first time I'd wanted a new car for 2 years.

Panoramic roof
The heated seats
Apple play
Folding flat seats including the passenger seats and the massive load space
The 7 speed dsg is sublime
The led headlights, especially the dynamic function
The rest heating that heats the car for 30 mins after you leave it
The virtual cockpit
The r line steering wheel and pedals
All the led interior lighting
The 20" wheels
The ride quality
The handling
The comfort
The lights in the mirrors that light up the outside of the car as you step out/in
The standard speakers
Auto hold
The adaptive cruise control

Car is absolutely loaded with tech and it's a great car to own. Put the 240 diesel in it and would be the best car I've owned

·
Registered
53 Posts
I did wonder if there was actually any difference between the R Line Steering wheel and the SEL one. Perhaps the R Line one has a badge?

I might have mentioned this before but coming from Land Rover products, the Tiguan has the bells and whistles that Land Rover offers but for about a third of the price so my favourite bits (or at least the ones I selected the Tiguan for) are:

Panoramic Roof
Surround cameras
Mood lighting
LED headlights and DRL
Electric tailgate
Active Info Display
ACC
Smooth auto gearbox
Ride quality

Coming from a Land Rover Discovery, I used to have car park height anxiety which doesn't happen anymore. And the Tiguan fuel, servicing and VED is a hell of a lot cheaper aswell.

·
Registered
339 Posts
stumpy said:
to say I still make excuses to go out, best car I have owned :D :D :D :D
That is the quote I want to hear! :D ......only then will you know you made the right choice of car! ;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
My SEL has the steering whee from the top pic but with the black insert from the bottom pic. I assume I'm no different to any other SEL owner. Looks like the only difference is that T shaped chroming on the R Line.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Winrya said:
Different wheel all together if I have the right Sel picture ?

R line

Sel?

I think you're right Winrya. If you look at the R Line wheel, there's an extra join in the leather at the 4 and 7o'clock positions. Also the tapers at the 3 and 9o'clock positions are much less pronounced on the R Line wheel. My SEL wheel is identical to the lower picture.
I'm with you on this one, the R Line has a totally different wheel.

Steve

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
hmrc804 said:
I'm not sure if its me, but I couldn't get the map to show on both screens? mine is standard r line, maybe I need the upgraded discover pro or something?
I think you've hit the nail on the head hmrc804, you need the Discover Pro to get the map on both screens. With the Discover Media it's one or the other only I'm afraid.

Steve

·
Registered
96 Posts
I thought you only got the top steering wheel on the R Line?

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Urrrz106 said:
I thought you only got the top steering wheel on the R Line?
Correct 👍

Steve

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just going to mention 2 things that surprised me - love the rest of the things...but anyway
Residual heater - didn't know it existed - brill
Range of key fob - I can open and lock car at about 70m. Awesome

·
Registered
352 Posts
A lot has been mentioned here, mostly about all bells and whistles that are fitted in higher trims. And surely they are good and useful but let me mention two features we all (I assume) have in our Tigs:

- auto hold - I really love it. Every time I stop and press brake pedal it's engaged. No need to release it - just go. I got used to it so much that driving other cars (company cars) I tend to forget to engage/disengage parking brake.

- Android Auto - Google Maps are brilliant with traffic updates, no need for external or in-built SatNav, no need for map updates. Can be voice operated. It even reads loud FB messages. I do hope it will improve in the future so more phone apps will be integrated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Electric tailgate! Love it!

I didn't spec this, mine is a dealer order car. Tbh, I very probably would not have considered it necessary, or worth the money.
Delighted with the electric tailgate, a must have with mucky winter roads and a rear end that is probably the worst ever for acting as a sh1t magnet!

But, then I am old enough to remember dismissing electric "wing" mirrors as an unnecessary indulgence! :D

Also
Heated seats , yes definitely liked on Tig. Very powerful/effective on this car. Far better than BMW 3.

And
4motion 4x4, immediately noticeable sense of security, in terms of being planted on the road. Well worth the mpg penalty....so far...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Grey Eddy said:
Electric tailgate! Love it!

I didn't spec this, mine is a dealer order car. Tbh, I very probably would not have considered it necessary, or worth the money.
Delighted with the electric tailgate, a must have with mucky winter roads and a rear end that is probably the worst ever for acting as a sh1t magnet!

But, then I am old enough to remember dismissing electric "wing" mirrors as an unnecessary indulgence! :D

Also
Heated seats , yes definitely liked on Tig. Very powerful/effective on this car. Far better than BMW 3.

And
4motion 4x4, immediately noticeable sense of security, in terms of being planted on the road. Well worth the mpg penalty....so far...

Agree with all three plus auto hold :D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts