Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Tiguan now for a few months now, as have a few others, not wishing to upset those still waiting, but I was wondering if during these few months you've found anything that you don't like about your Tiguan?.
I'm not talking about those niggles where it's needed attention by the dealer, but more like any features you simply don't like or maybe you think should have been designed or implemented differently.

I must admit there's very little that I don't like, but one thing niggles me, that is that if you've been driving with your lights on (dipped or main), and you stop and turn off the ignition, I've noticed the lights remain on until you either switch them off manually, or open the drivers door.....why?. I may wish to sit in the car for a while, but why would I need to leave the lights on when the engines off?
Oh! and one more that's already been mentioned, the stupid rear parcel shelf which can't be stored anywhere if you need to remove it and have a spare wheel. :cry:

Any more anyone?

Steve

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paulthewall said:
Waiting lol
I thought that might be top of the list that's why I mentioned it :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
463 Posts
Would lke a bit more padding in the drivers seat. If not the cars then mine. :)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Having to push the button every-time I get in to cancel the Stop / Start :x . And it is in a position that I forget to do it :roll: .......... Also the seat (electric mine) to be able to raise higher like the manual passenger one...... Having said all this so happy & loving my Tig, to the tune I'm always making excuses to go out :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
169 Posts
As mentioned above I'm not a fan of the standard sel seats ,they are not the most comfortable after coming from the sports seats in my golf .
Think that's about the only gripe I have as the ride is quite good on the 50 profile tyres which ride comfort is normally
my biggest problem .

·
Registered
53 Posts
The angle of the footrest it a bit too acute. Not sure why they couldn't have levelled it out a bit.

When the DAB signal goes which is rare, the DAB option just vanishes from the head unit. It comes back again but it's a bit of an odd design choice.

The plastics in the back are noticeably worse than in the front. They could have at least matched the soft touch stuff on the top of the door with the plastics used on the driver and passenger doors.

I really like the sound deadening in most of the cubby holes like the door bins but I wish they'd used it in the small one by the steering wheel as it's where I keep coins.

Oh and no rear USB socket but that's the curse of it being an early model.

They're all niggles really but some of them could have been easily resolved at design.

·
Registered
176 Posts
After a few days.

The nasty flimsy parcel shelf

Wish I could customise the cockpit display a bit more. The wife's tt has much more useful information displayed on the virtual cockpit.

Loving everything else so far

·
Registered
835 Posts
Parcel shelf as already mentioned. Non roller and stowage.
No single dedicated retract/open button for mirrors (like our old nissan QQ) handy for when you are sat in the car and parked up without having to faff around with the mirror setting dial for them to open again when you start the car.
Also handy for when a lorry is trying to squeeze through the oncoming traffic :D
Seats in the R line could do with a bit more padding. (yes I know its meant to be sporty)
No option to have sat nav on both screens without having to upgrade.
As already mentioned, rear doors have much more scratchy plastics than the front and could do with padding on the tops to bring it in line with the quality of the fronts.
Adjustable boot floor height is a bit of a joke.
Wavy foot thing for opening the boot, With the Hyundi Tucson you just have to stand next to it for a moment with the keys in your pocket and it opens with out having to do anything else and any faff.
Proximity of the parking sensors. They only go off when you are far to near to an object for my liking.
20" tyres on the R line :lol:
Adblue.
Apart from that I like it :mrgreen:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm at 10000 miles now, first service due next week. What don't I like.... the windscreen demisting, its worse than my last golf, takes ages to clear and mists very quickly !! VW poor relation to Ford on this one.
I don't like the lower down hard plastics and unlined pockets in doors, everything rattles that you put in them.
ADBLUE, not so much the topping up, but I was assured it wouldn't need topped up between services, already filled twice.
Stop/Start button, pain in the backside and poorly located
Reversing camera position, even with the wash function its often not a clear vision at this time of year.

Driving position is excellent, seats are very comfortable and car is relaxing to drive. One warranty issue resolved by dealer, this was rear wiper blade change

·
Registered
53 Posts
Interesting point about the door pockets not being lined. In the SEL, they have a bit of what I assume is carpet in them which is why the small change on by the steering wheel not being lined was a bit jarring for me.

I've found the wavey foot boot opening now works 100% of the time with the right technique.

And yeah I'd totally forgotten about how quickly it mists up. Having been a Ford/Landrover person since 2007, I'm missing quickclear.

Actually, I will say that having had a roller parcel shelf with the discovery for the last 4 years, I felt it was OK but one of those things I don't really miss. A bit droopy. The one on a friend's CX-5 is better but still not my preferred solution.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The door pockets do have a carpet type material, but I now carry de-icer, scraper etc at this time of year, and they rattle off the door pocket side, door card side is ok, but the side nearest driver is just cheap plastic.
I forgot one other gripe, unless you have mudflaps, the bottom of the drivers door gets all the mess !

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would have to say the seats on the r Line aren't comfortable compared to my previous A3 sports seats. Not enough padding and no under knee extension.

The dynaudio is also not on par with b&o on the Audi. The dynaudio can't handle bass, and distorts at half way. So I end up with the sub and front bass left at neutral so I can listen at a fairly loud volume. The b&o would handle max bass til it was deafening. I sound like a boy racer but I'm not I promise!

Other than that I love it!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Pauld888 said:
I would have to say the seats on the r Line aren't comfortable compared to my previous A3 sports seats. Not enough padding and no under knee extension.

The dynaudio is also not on par with b&o on the Audi. The dynaudio can't handle bass, and distorts at half way. So I end up with the sub and front bass left at neutral so I can listen at a fairly loud volume. The b&o would handle max bass til it was deafening. I sound like a boy racer but I'm not I promise!

Other than that I love it!
Agree with the seats..........The seat design is too narrow for "over nourished" people :oops: :lol: .......and the squab could do with an under thigh extended seat squab feature like in Audi/BMW/Mercedes seats.

The Dynaudio I listened to in the Tiguan Demo sounded a lot better than the Dynaudio I have in my Golf GTD, although I confess that the Bose in my Q7 is one of the best sounds I have experienced in a car!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes not so fussed on the Ad Blue the range seems to be on the lower end of estimates :(

Also the WLAN inability to automatically connect with my iPhone personal hotspot needs a right incantation every time
to reestablish connection

and also yes the seats lack of side support anybody doing even light off roading will be thrown around all over the place

1 - 20 of 245 Posts