Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

On the basis that I'm keen to get the best deal for my new Tiguan, what lease company did you use, and what are you paying (if you're ok revealing this information)

I'm looking at 3k deposit, 8k miles, non-maintained, on a black R-Line with leather for 433.20 per month (including VAT) this will include road tax for the 3 years too. 7p mileage excess (which I'm banking on utilising)

What deals have you got?

Really keen to know asap before I place my order

thanks

Marden Mitch

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
150 tdi dsg R-line . should have added that.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Have you looked at WhatCar - they have a leasing comparison tool to use, which I was permanently on with my phone whilst sat in with the VW dealership going through quotes - getting them to match it. Obviously this doesn't take into account add-ons to your spec, BUT it certainly gives you a good starting point for the model to begin with.

(apologies to admin if I'm not supposed to recommend other sites).

I have ended up with a deal where I'm paying £1800 deposit and £300 a month for 2 years (known as a 6+23) - with maintenance and service and based on 8k miles. My spec is in my sig. Metallic paint would have been 25 quid more a month so assume that approx. £600 add on would be a further £20pm on that (over 2 years). Like you its about 7p per mile extra.

Only thing I will have to pay for is tyres if I'm going to need them - and even then the dealer told me stick the cheapest ones on for when you are returning it.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Check out your local VW dealer... I got a cheaper deal with them compared to online brokers. The middle man is always going to take his cut !

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try Vertu. I posted details of my deal in the 'how did you buy your Tiguan' thread. A few other's put their deals in too. I think prices for leases have gone up since I ordered mine, maybe because of the production delays and demand.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bhuna said:
Have you looked at WhatCar - they have a leasing comparison tool to use, which I was permanently on with my phone whilst sat in with the VW dealership going through quotes - getting them to match it. Obviously this doesn't take into account add-ons to your spec, BUT it certainly gives you a good starting point for the model to begin with.

(apologies to admin if I'm not supposed to recommend other sites).

I have ended up with a deal where I'm paying £1800 deposit and £300 a month for 2 years (known as a 6+23) - with maintenance and service and based on 8k miles. My spec is in my sig. Metallic paint would have been 25 quid more a month so assume that approx. £600 add on would be a further £20pm on that (over 2 years). Like you its about 7p per mile extra.

Only thing I will have to pay for is tyres if I'm going to need them - and even then the dealer told me stick the cheapest ones on for when you are returning it.
I second Whatcar Leasing although I think I originally saw an advert for the dealer on the CHL Website, when the dealer made contact they were quoting figures from Whatcar Leasing, as other people have mentioned by going direct you don't pay broker fees and I personally found talking to the dealer a better overall experience.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That does seem very expensive compared to the deals available last year. With lease deals it is all about timing. Anything at around 20% of RRP of a car over 2 years on a lease is very good.

Mine is a 2 year lease direct from VW. Works out as £7200 total cost. That includes VAT. No options and not maintained. 5k annual millage with 7.2p per mile over that (6p + VAT).

150 TDI 4m DSG R-line.

I think the only good lease deals ow are on the SE and SE Nav.

Would it not be cheaper via normal PCP route now?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also spoke direct with VW dealers. They could not (would not) match the offer I got from Vertu. Either on a PCP or personal lease. Not even close.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I used carleasing4u.co.uk

SEL 150 bmt 2wd

£332 per month £996 initial payment (3+36)

12,000 miles.

Best quote I found for an SEL, R-Lines were all above £350pm for those sort of quotes.

Due to wait time for R lines, no decent offers really

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi all thanks very much for your feedback. I've been on Vertu's website and seen some good pricing and I'm having a quote pulled together this afternoon . Will keep you posted.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Apologies if this has been said before about the below elsewhere but I just discovered the forum yesterday.

I'm currently looking at getting a business lease and have been getting quotes from both my local dealer and on carwow and then been taking the OTR prices to Lombard for a independent lease quote as the dealers all seem to come back with the same prices.

Seems like the dealers have quite some leeway on the OTR that they can offer and so they vary greatly but they all have to go through VW financial services for the lease and that seems to only be offered based on the official price and not the lower dealer offered OTR. So in order to get a better deal I have to finance it elsewhere with the likes of Lombard. If anyone has any alternative recommendations then please let us know :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've used DDS Leasing (Defence Discount Service) primarily for ex service and blue light people.

I paid £1700 deposit with 36 payments of £270 ish. Car supplied by main dealer in Hereford. Very pleased. All done over the phone and car delivered to my house. Spec as below.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts